Dog setting off car alarm

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Anyone else have a dog that sets off the car alarm when they're inside the car and you're inside a store etc? Twice this week I've left my 65lb shepherd mix in the car (windows down of course) while I ran into a corner store and the alarm starts going off while I'm inside the store. The only thing I can think of is that she's big enough to trip the alarm sensors by moving around the vehicle...if that's the case, anyone know of a way to turn that portion of the alarm off? I've had this same dog for 9 years and 4 cars and never had this issue so wondering if maybe the Mach-E alarm is just more sensitive.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Anyone else have a dog that sets off the car alarm when they're inside the car and you're inside a store etc? Twice this week I've left my 65lb shepherd mix in the car (windows down of course) while I ran into a corner store and the alarm starts going off while I'm inside the store. The only thing I can think of is that she's big enough to trip the alarm sensors by moving around the vehicle...if that's the case, anyone know of a way to turn that portion of the alarm off? I've had this same dog for 9 years and 4 cars and never had this issue so wondering if maybe the Mach-E alarm is just more sensitive.
watch the center screen when you turn the car off - there should be a prompt to turn off the motion sensors.

although have you considered that your dog might be trying to steal the car?

OP
OP
Jako607

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
watch the center screen when you turn the car off - there should be a prompt to turn off the motion sensors.

although have you considered that your dog might be trying to steal the car?
She's always eyeing the vehicle and I've asked her repeatedly if she has any ill intentions but she always looks away and never responds.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just leave my car on for my dogs. Lock it with the bottom buttons on the door post.

They do like to turn on the four ways a lot.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine has done that a couple of times.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I had this problem in my A4. I'm glad the Mach-e allows you to turn it off when you intend to leave the dog in the car.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
That's nothing. My dog went for a joyride today while I was in the store. I'm going to have a serious conversation with him tonight.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
LOLLLLLLLLLZZZZZ. Guess what everybody? You can try turning off the interior motion sensors, but they’ll be right back on the next time you start your car. The setting doesn’t stick. Don’t believe me? Give it a try. Doesn’t matter if you’ve got a Profile created to save your settings - this one won’t save.

It just goes round and round and round....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dog setting off car alarm 1617369813111

JHinman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Ford F-350 Limited, ‘20 BMW 750Li, ‘13 Acura
Country flag
My F-350 let’s me choose all sensors or just exterior sensors when I leave the truck. Default is all sensors. My dogs will set off the alarms very frequently if I leave the interior sensors on.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
LOLLLLLLLLLZZZZZ. Guess what everybody? You can try turning off the interior motion sensors, but they’ll be right back on the next time you start your car. The setting doesn’t stick. Don’t believe me? Give it a try. Doesn’t matter if you’ve got a Profile created to save your settings - this one won’t save.

It just goes round and round and round....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dog setting off car alarm 1617369813111
Did you try pressing and holding your memory button on the driver door to see if that saved the setting?

Reactions: ARK

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Did you try pressing and holding your memory button on the driver door to see if that saved the setting?
No. I’ve never done that with any of my settings. All I had to do was create the profile and then it started retaining settings like light/dark mode for the display. So what is the exact sequence I should try?
Sponsored