Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
It’s an ongoing saga but long story short, they delivered my car to the wrong dealership so my dealer sent someone to get it. On the way here, a piece of steel flew off a work truck and smacked the front end, cracking the front grill and bumper. I looked at it and there’s zero structural damage and the dealer is stroking a check to fix it. It won’t hit carfax and they said it should only be 2 weeks but I’m doubtful
Who's fixing it, though?
Sponsored

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I’ve been reading everything on the forum since 2.21 when I placed my first order. I almost backed out twice but the common theme was despite some challenges, people loved the car! Just picked up my GTPE a week and a half ago. I love everything about this car!! The tech works very well for me with the new update.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Every time I go there and read the symptoms for something I realize that I have that too! In addition to all those diseases, now I'm afraid I have hypochondria as well!!
Hi, Tim.

Read THIS: ??
https://www.webmd.com/balance/features/internet-makes-hypochondria-worse

DON'T read THAT: ?
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/somatoform-disorders-symptoms-types-treatment

And DEFINITELY DON'T read THIS: ?
https://www.webmd.com/heart/news/20161103/hypochondriacs-may-worry-themselves-into-heart-trouble

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Just ordered my GT on October 30, doing the same thing, reading this forum, while I wait 6 months for delivery. Even plan on installing a charger before it arrives like you. Very happy to see your relieved. I got to test drive a GT before I ordered, and loved it.
I drove a Model Y and wasn’t impressed. I ordered my MME and finally found one I could drive. I loved it. Now I really can’t wait to get mine.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I drove a Model Y and wasn’t impressed. I ordered my MME and finally found one I could drive. I loved it. Now I really can’t wait to get mine.
My wife rented us a Tesla, model 3 for 3 days, just to be sure before we ordered the MME. and I did test drive 3 MME's, 2 premium, 1 GT. The MME, HANDS DOWN wins , that why we ordered one. Tesla just didnt go it. Looked like your driving "moms car" with a Tesla Badge my humble opinion.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
It’s an ongoing saga but long story short, they delivered my car to the wrong dealership so my dealer sent someone to get it. On the way here, a piece of steel flew off a work truck and smacked the front end, cracking the front grill and bumper. I looked at it and there’s zero structural damage and the dealer is stroking a check to fix it. It won’t hit carfax and they said it should only be 2 weeks but I’m doubtful
I’m happy that yours was finally delivered AND you know where it is! Now, I want mine to show up before yours is repaired!!
It’s my new timeline benchmark.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Congratulation, she’s a beauty!

I too took a test drive on 4/25/21 and then placed my order on 4/27. Since then, I‘ve been visiting this forum, the FB group page, and learning as much about EV ownership as possible.

Two months ago I installed my ChargePoint Home Flex, my MME shipped on 10/19, hit palsapp on 11/1, and I’m impatiently waiting the last few weeks. It was great to read your post!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I’m happy that yours was finally delivered AND you know where it is! Now, I want mine to show up before yours is repaired!!
It’s my new timeline benchmark.
schitts-creek-and-good-luck-with-that.gif

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I spent the last 6 months after my test drive and subsequent order surfing these here forums. I have agonized over the problems I am gonna probably have with this car after reading post after post after post. Yesterday my GT was delivered and all I have experienced is pure adrenaline JOY. 15 min drive home from the dealer was flawless. Charging from my ChargePoint Home Flex installed 3 months ago was flawless. Obviously it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet but I am RELIEVED!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Don't be scared! schitts-creek-and-good-luck-with-that
Congrats on the great car!

Forums by their very nature attract enthusiasts as well as those with issueswith the car. It results on a skewed perspective and can end up being a feedback loop.

Most people have no, or very few, problems with the car. I’m at 6 months and have no issues to speak of. Plus, PAAK has worked as it’s supposed to on all but two occasions.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I spent the last 6 months after my test drive and subsequent order surfing these here forums. I have agonized over the problems I am gonna probably have with this car after reading post after post after post. Yesterday my GT was delivered and all I have experienced is pure adrenaline JOY. 15 min drive home from the dealer was flawless. Charging from my ChargePoint Home Flex installed 3 months ago was flawless. Obviously it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet but I am RELIEVED!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Don't be scared! schitts-creek-and-good-luck-with-that
She is Beautiful. I like the Black with the Aero Black and the pop of Red Calipers!!!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Ouch that sucks.

I’m not saying I don’t believe the “steel flew off a work truck“ story that the dealership told.

But that’s an awfully convenient “it’s not my fault” story that someone who wrecked a car could tell.

Much better than admitting “I was trying to get the car to drift and hit a mailbox.”

Because if it was the fire able offense like the latter, which story would they tell?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ouch that sucks.

I’m not saying I don’t believe the “steel flew off a work truck“ story that the dealership told.

But that’s an awfully convenient “it’s not my fault” story that someone who wrecked a car could tell.

Much better than admitting “I was trying to get the car to drift and hit a mailbox.”

Because if it was the fire able offense like the latter, which story would they tell?
Yeah, I thought something similar, but in the end what difference would it make if I put up a stink? I assessed the car at the dealer and although there definitely is damage, its minor and cosmetic only. I drove it and there were no sensors going off and the car didn't have any adverse affects while driving, so its just a matter of getting a new bumper/grill and painting it. My dealer owns a body shop so I'm confident they'll make it right. Plus, the new car manager knows how meticulous I am, so I"m sure he's aware that I won't accept a shotty paint job, since the front end comes unpainted.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
So my dealer got a GTPE in from someone who ordered and didn’t take. I was able to test drive it and it was a blast! That afternoon a customer backed into it and messed up the front bumper. the dealer was so mad, the customer didn’t even fess up to hitting it. new owner is doing the same as you. Although they are Two hours away.
Sponsored