Downsizing wheels?

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I don‘t think so. The 18”s are already really close.
Can anyone definitevely confirm that 18" is the minimal wheel size possible on the Premium/Select versions?

I might pick up some discount winter tires right now on liquidation for next fall. 225/60r18 isn't that common a size.
Sponsored

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
Can anyone definitevely confirm that 18" is the minimal wheel size possible on the Premium/Select versions?

I might pick up some discount winter tires right now on liquidation for next fall. 225/60r18 isn't that common a size.

Pretty sure 17 inches won't fit the brakes if you look at the below picture.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Downsizing wheels? Naamloos

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Yeah you're right. Just picked up a set of 225/60r18 Conti Viking contact with 10% off + mail rebate of 60$. Will store them until winter in my garage.

Now need to source wheels and see if TPMS is worth it for winter.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I too would love to know. YEs, the 18"s look real close but 17" snow tires and wheels are sooooooo much cheaper!
17" wheels are absolutely impossible - sorry. Even 18" barely clear, and there is a possibility that even some 18" aftermarket wheels won't quite make it, or require a spacer to fit (though people seem to be having generally good luck so far).

If you wanted cheap wheels you probably shouldn't have bought a 2.5 ton performance SUV. ;)

backwardsfish

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD, Audi TT, Nissan ElGrand
Country flag
17" wheels are absolutely impossible - sorry. Even 18" barely clear, and there is a possibility that even some 18" aftermarket wheels won't quite make it, or require a spacer to fit (though people seem to be having generally good luck so far).

If you wanted cheap wheels you probably shouldn't have bought a 2.5 ton performance SUV. ;)
Yep, I've come to the same conclusion.... And ordered some roof racks instead! LOL.

Thanks!
Sponsored