Driver Door Entry

abq87108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
I've had my Mach-e for six weeks. About 10 days ago I discovered: When I approach the vehicle with the key fob in my pocket, I can no longer open the vehicle by pressing the driver's door button (nothing happens when I press it). The only way to open the door is to use the key fob. This function stopped working about 10 days ago. Also, when I approach the vehicle at night the "Mustang" light on the pavement does not light up. I asked the dealer about this and they said I need to bring it in for service. Is there anything I can do to restore this function?
Sponsored

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I've had my Mach-e for six weeks. About 10 days ago I discovered: When I approach the vehicle with the key fob in my pocket, I can no longer open the vehicle by pressing the driver's door button (nothing happens when I press it). The only way to open the door is to use the key fob. This function stopped working about 10 days ago. Also, when I approach the vehicle at night the "Mustang" light on the pavement does not light up. I asked the dealer about this and they said I need to bring it in for service. Is there anything I can do to restore this function?
Which pocket? As per other threads, your body could be blocking it.
Top pocket better, in your hand, good.
Does the fob work okay once its in the open?
Batteries flat already?

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I have the exact same thing happen!

My running light illuminate as I approach (so the car senses the fob) but the drivers door button won't work, even after multiple pushes.

Sounds crazy but push the back door button; after the back door opens, mirrors unfold and the front door button will work. I have had the rare occasion after a failed front door button push that when I push the back door button BOTH doors open.

Mine is only on the drivers side - passenger side doors work just fine.

Also, you don't need to have any time pass for this to occur - just use the fob to lock the doors and the driver's door will not open with the door button.

I met a Ford employee at our last Mustang Owners club and he passed my issue onto his contacts. Although at the time I thought that the car just won't wake up; it is just recently that I paid attention and determined the above.

It's all software controlled so I must have found the "backdoor" to the software.

OP
OP

abq87108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
I have the exact same thing happen!

My running light illuminate as I approach (so the car senses the fob) but the drivers door button won't work, even after multiple pushes.

Sounds crazy but push the back door button; after the back door opens, mirrors unfold and the front door button will work. I have had the rare occasion after a failed front door button push that when I push the back door button BOTH doors open.

Mine is only on the drivers side - passenger side doors work just fine.

Also, you don't need to have any time pass for this to occur - just use the fob to lock the doors and the driver's door will not open with the door button.

I met a Ford employee at our last Mustang Owners club and he passed my issue onto his contacts. Although at the time I thought that the car just won't wake up; it is just recently that I paid attention and determined the above.

It's all software controlled so I must have found the "backdoor" to the software.
Wow!!! You are right. If I press the back door button and open the back door then I can open the driver's door with the driver's button. Now, the trick will be how to simply open the driver's door by pressing the driver's door button! Thanks for the insight.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Solution: You take it into the dealership and they will fix it. They have to reprogram it there.
Sponsored