Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
So I used ABRP to plan a trip from Ohio to New Hampshire to do the Bronco Off Roadeo and by taking an alternative route which added about an hour to the trip, I was able to complete the 680 mile one way trip with 4 Electrify America stops (As opposed to using a Nissan dealership per the Ford Nav)

So here's where it gets weird... When I put in the destination, Ford Navigation would not see "267 N Plainfield Rd, West Lebanon, NH 03784" as an EA site.

I checked plugshare to make sure it was actually an active site, which it was, so I manually got myself there. It was the last stop before my destination so I pull in with about 23% SoC left and I plug in and get the orange circle of death. I move to all the other chargers and same result.

Now I'm starting to panic. An e-tron pulls up and starts charging instantly.

I then go to turn off Plug & Charge and it tells me I'm not the account that can change it, even though I can change the "Share Charging Access" parameter so I text my wife and ask her to flip P&C off. She does and I can now charge at that EA site using the EA app.

RELIEVED.

I then hit that site on the way home and charge, then ask my wife to flip P&C on so I can use the remaining free KwH from Ford but it's now giving her an error so I charged the whole way back on my EA account and I added the $4/month for the cheaper rates. I still can't flip P&C back. I need to call Ford I guess.

I'm guessing Ford does NOT have a relationship with that EA location and it was smart enough to know that so it didn't use it in the Navigation plan??

So if you're having charging issues, try turning off P&C.
Ford Mustang Mach-E EA site not on the Ford Navigation map plan 1635187228558
Sponsored

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
All EA stations should work with Plug and Charge. If one isn't something is wrong with that station. EA isn't like ChargePoint where the property owner owns the charger and sets the rates.

EA leases their spots and owns the chargers so they should all be "partnered" with Ford.

On this note though, there's one station I go to that shows up on Ford search for chargers but when I get there it says in Navigation screen that this charger isn't part of FordPass charging network. Still works fine though and I used my free kwh at that station as well so not sure what the issue is.

Do you have a creditcard linked with your FordPass for Plug&Charge? I'm wondering if that is a possible issue. I believe you even need a card on file to use your free kwh

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have a creditcard linked with your FordPass for Plug&Charge? I'm wondering if that is a possible issue. I believe you even need a card on file to use your free kwh
Yes I do. P&C has worked since I activated it in March.

I have 188kWh left out of the initiall 500 given.

P&C worked on the first three stops on my trip that day, but it didn't work at the site that, coincidently, doesn't show up on the Ford Navigation trip planner.

Another weird thing that happened before this last EA failure stop, I stopped at the "Adirondack Welcome Center" that had free CCS charging so I figured I'd get some free electrons. It popped the orange circle.

A guy in a Kona said that another Mach-e wasn't able to charge here so I left. After some miles I thought dang, I should have turned of P&G then thinking that the car was trying to connect to an account when it shouldn't have. Then the next stop failed at EA.

So potentially, this free place might have somehow, after 7 tries, messed up my plug and charge? I still need to call Ford to figure out why I can't flip P&C back on now...

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
So I used ABRP to plan a trip from Ohio to New Hampshire to do the Bronco Off Roadeo and by taking an alternative route which added about an hour to the trip, I was able to complete the 680 mile one way trip with 4 Electrify America stops (As opposed to using a Nissan dealership per the Ford Nav)

So here's where it gets weird... When I put in the destination, Ford Navigation would not see "267 N Plainfield Rd, West Lebanon, NH 03784" as an EA site.

I checked plugshare to make sure it was actually an active site, which it was, so I manually got myself there. It was the last stop before my destination so I pull in with about 23% SoC left and I plug in and get the orange circle of death. I move to all the other chargers and same result.

Now I'm starting to panic. An e-tron pulls up and starts charging instantly.

I then go to turn off Plug & Charge and it tells me I'm not the account that can change it, even though I can change the "Share Charging Access" parameter so I text my wife and ask her to flip P&C off. She does and I can now charge at that EA site using the EA app.

RELIEVED.

I then hit that site on the way home and charge, then ask my wife to flip P&C on so I can use the remaining free KwH from Ford but it's now giving her an error so I charged the whole way back on my EA account and I added the $4/month for the cheaper rates. I still can't flip P&C back. I need to call Ford I guess.

I'm guessing Ford does NOT have a relationship with that EA location and it was smart enough to know that so it didn't use it in the Navigation plan??

So if you're having charging issues, try turning off P&C.
1635187228558.png
You don't really even need to have P&C active to use the free kWh from Ford. Go into the FordPass app and activate the charger, that taps into the free kWh. Then plug in. It's much faster than waiting for P&C to connect and start charging anyways.

In the center of the Ford Pass home screen click on View Chargers (right above the unlock, start, lock buttons). Select the location you are at. Click on the DC CCS, select the station you are at. Once that's done just plug in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You don't really even need to have P&C active to use the free kWh from Ford. Go into the FordPass app and activate the charger, that taps into the free kWh. Then I plug in. It's much faster than waiting for P&C to connect and start charging anyways.

In the center of the home screen click on View Chargers (right above the unlock, start, lock buttons). Select the location you are at. Click on the DC CCS, select the station you are at. Once that's done just plug in.
I didn't even think of doing that! Good idea and that's what I'll do from now on. I was just happy to get it charging since I was 600 miles from home.

Once I use up the free kw, there's no need for plug and charge anyway. Thanks

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You don't really even need to have P&C active to use the free kWh from Ford. Go into the FordPass app and activate the charger, that taps into the free kWh. Then I plug in. It's much faster than waiting for P&C to connect and start charging anyways.

In the center of the home screen click on View Chargers (right above the unlock, start, lock buttons). Select the location you are at. Click on the DC CCS, select the station you are at. Once that's done just plug in.
Also, this EA site in New Hampshire still doesn't come up in the FordPass app to select it: 267 N Plainfield Rd, West Lebanon, NH 03784. Weird.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Also, this EA site in New Hampshire still doesn't come up in the FordPass app to select it: 267 N Plainfield Rd, West Lebanon, NH 03784. Weird.
I see it? Assuming this is the one.

Ford Mustang Mach-E EA site not on the Ford Navigation map plan 053679F6-827E-4FF9-B37A-3F6BF0AC049A

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In the EA app it shows the address for this charger as 285 Plainfield RD, West Lebanon, NH 03784. I just tried that address in the FordPass app and it does show the EA charger.

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks guys, yes I see it. I guess I didn't scroll down enough.

But... I can't get the in car nav to see that as a valid charging location no matter how I try to trick it into using that charge location. When adding it as a waypoint, it still has me charging somewhere else nearby and it doesn't come up as a valid option when trying to replace a charging point.

Thanks

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have noticed a difference between the charging stations listed online at ford.com and the charging stations accessible from fordpass on my phone. Not all charging stations seem to be there on fordpass.
Sponsored