Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Proud Owner of a Premium SR RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder when the interstate highway signs at exits will start showing EV station like they show gas stations
Sponsored

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Those signs are pretty much outdated now that everyone has a cell phone and navigation systems.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Those signs are advertisements--gas stations pay to be on them. If an EV station wants to be on them, they already can. They just have to pay the state DOT

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
Those signs are pretty much outdated now that everyone has a cell phone and navigation systems.
Not necessarily. On road trips I simply count on gas stations being available, and like to see the signs showing how far off the exist the gas station is. I turn all that stuff off on the GPS, because we wants to be peppered with POI's during everyday use?

Right now I count on pre-planning my charging stops because charging is not ubiquitous, but I really hope for a day when chargers are so available, I can see them on a highway exit sign again.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wonder when the interstate highway signs at exits will start showing EV station like they show gas stations
I've seen lots of them. Unfortunately they don't say where the EV charging is located. However, the apps do.
Sponsored