First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I hope this hasn't been discussed, but I did some searching and could not figure this out. When I go on Ford's Build and Price, there are four battery and powertrain options (SR - RWD) (SR-eAWD $2,700) (ER - RWD $5,000) (ER - eAWD $7,700). However, I have looked at a lot of window stickers and test drove a dealer demo that said it has the extended range battery and at the top in the green part of the window sticker it says AWD, but the option for extended battery is $5,000. Isn't this a $7,700 option for the ER AWD battery? I am not complaining, I'd rather pay less, but I just want to make sure that I am buying an ER - AWD. In all of the window stickers I have looked at, I have not seen a $7,700 ER-AWD battery option. Is the build and price wrong? Any answers are appreciated. I asked two separate dealers and they didn't know. They chalked it up to their demo units having possibly incorrect window stickers.
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I hope this hasn't been discussed, but I did some searching and could not figure this out. When I go on Ford's Build and Price, there are four battery and powertrain options (SR - RWD) (SR-eAWD $2,700) (ER - RWD $5,000) (ER - eAWD $7,700). However, I have looked at a lot of window stickers and test drove a dealer demo that said it has the extended range battery and at the top in the green part of the window sticker it says AWD, but the option for extended battery is $5,000. Isn't this a $7,700 option for the ER AWD battery? I am not complaining, I'd rather pay less, but I just want to make sure that I am buying an ER - AWD. In all of the window stickers I have looked at, I have not seen a $7,700 ER-AWD battery option. Is the build and price wrong? Any answers are appreciated. I asked two separate dealers and they didn't know. They chalked it up to their demo units having possibly incorrect window stickers.
Yeah, it's weird. They end-up making AWD a "standard" part of the name; e.g., my window sticker says "Mustang Mach-E 2021 Premium AWD" To that, they added $5,000 for the extended battery as a piece of optional equipment. No idea why they make it look different, but if you price it out on Ford.com, you'll get what you wanted.