Failed OTA Update

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I have a schedule set up to perform OTA updates on Tuesday and Thursday early mornings. I am currently at 2.7.4. Last Thursday I got a message that the 2.8.1 OTA failed and that the system would try again soon. So far, there have been no more update attempts and when I'm in the System Update screen, I get a message there are no updates available. Has anyone else seen this?
Sponsored

mattmarox

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Yes I have been stuck at 2.7.2 and waiting. Got a failed 2.7.4 notice over two weeks ago then silence. A little frustrating.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Search for “iOS widget” or “android widget” and install the appropriate one. In the widget, you’ll be able to see OTA update status. Look for the expiration date. I don’t believe anyone has yet had an OTA reattempt before the expiration date.

Eventually, the widget will show the update queued. Usually, it will download the next time the car is awake, typically from driving. You’ll then have the option to manually install or install at your next scheduled window. This one is a big one, and the car will be unusable for an hour or maybe more. I’d plug in for this one.

mattmarox

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Over-the-Air Details
Deployments
  • No OTA Deployments Scheduled...
Raw Data
(Personal Data Removed)
{
"timestamp": "2022-06-23T19:21:23.824+0000",
"status": 500,
"error": "Internal Server Error",
"message": "No message available",
"path": "/api/v2/ota/status"

Maniek

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Banker
Country flag
I have the same issue. 2.8.1 OTA update was unsuccessful last week and since then nothing happened. Just wondering when FORD will try to push it again.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Same thing happened to me. It took 2-3 weeks before it sent it again and it was successful. After that I received 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 with no issues.

Maniek

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Banker
Country flag
Same thing happened to me. It took 2-3 weeks before it sent it again and it was successful. After that I received 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 with no issues.
Okay, will wait then a little bit longer, hope Ford remember about my Mach-e :cool:

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
2.8.1 is an inhibit update, you wanna make sure that your 12v battery is charged by driving the vehicle or plugging in to charge on the days when you have it scheduled. It will fail if not all the conditions are met.

FSHAMSI

First Name
Mohammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Country flag
Yes I have been stuck at 2.7.2 and waiting. Got a failed 2.7.4 notice over two weeks ago then silence. A little frustrating.
My 2.7.4 OTA update failure has happened 5 times in last one month; no help from Ford customer service or my dealer( no slot available in near future for appointment). It’s frustrating.

OP
OP
fmtexmme

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
2.8.1 is an inhibit update, you wanna make sure that your 12v battery is charged by driving the vehicle or plugging in to charge on the days when you have it scheduled. It will fail if not all the conditions are met.
I drive my MME pretty much every day and I always have it plugged in when I'm at home.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I drive my MME pretty much every day and I always have it plugged in when I'm at home.
You could try doing the update manually and see what happens. Don’t let it wait for the scheduled time.

GoingMach-E

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD; Yamaha FZ6-R
Occupation
Management Consultant
Country flag
My 2.7.4 OTA update failure has happened 5 times in last one month; no help from Ford customer service or my dealer( no slot available in near future for appointment). It’s frustrating.
I had similar problems with 2.7.2. At the advice of this forum, I did the following:
1. Make sure 12v battery is fully charged.
2. Turn headlights to OFF; not Auto
3. go into settings and turn off welcome lights.

Once I did those things, 2.7.2 and 2.7.4 installed with no problem. 2.8.1 failed once Last week, and the car hasn’t even attempted try again.

GoingMach-E

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD; Yamaha FZ6-R
Occupation
Management Consultant
Country flag
Search for “iOS widget” or “android widget” and install the appropriate one. In the widget, you’ll be able to see OTA update status. Look for the expiration date. I don’t believe anyone has yet had an OTA reattempt before the expiration date.

Eventually, the widget will show the update queued. Usually, it will download the next time the car is awake, typically from driving. You’ll then have the option to manually install or install at your next scheduled window. This one is a big one, and the car will be unusable for an hour or maybe more. I’d plug in for this one.
Pardon my ignorance on this. Where do I search for and find the widgets? The Mobile Apps screen says to go to the App Catalog. I searched this forum for the location. Sounds like it was in the FordPass app on the phone, but has been removed. Am I S.O.L on being able to download the widget?

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E