Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Pulling the fuse won't help as it's a software bug that is intermittent. Keep an eye on it, you might catch it when it's working
Sponsored

OP
OP
jayadelson

jayadelson

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Would a software reset to factory settings help or just confuse it more?

I cannot see any changes, unfortunately… which may mean replacing the GWM on Monday.

Also does anyone know what has to be updated first to fix the connectivity drawer?

Last edited:

Jbk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Space White GT
Country flag
@Mach-Lee FWIW I just tried pulling fuse 11 for 15 minutes to reset the TCU and still the drawer won’t open:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Failed update, features disabled, stopped communicating IMG_1524
Thanks for the update, I was about to try the fuse thing.

i have another issue that the dealer did a reset” and because I’ve tried deleting the app I now can’t get the phone as a key to work. The “pairing” keeps failing. My dealer wanted to keep it for a few days but wouldn’t give me a loaner (I’ve only had the car 60 days). I decided to wait on their “service option”.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Would a software reset to factory settings help or just confuse it more?

I cannot see any changes, unfortunately… which may mean replacing the GWM on Monday.

Also does anyone know what has to be updated first to fix the connectivity drawer?
I don't think a reset will help. Hold off on that.

It's like some weird server thing where sometimes it accepts connections and other times it doesn't. Weekend is Ford server maintenance time so it might be more flakey than on a weekday.

6.2.0 APIM update is the fix.

As stated above, pulling fuses won't help either.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Try several times thought out the day. In my experience if it fails to open, it's not gonna work 2 seconds later. On my vehicle, I just tried several hours later on a different drive. Just try to open it throughout the day. It seems to appear/disaapear more on a drive to drive basis, rather than moment to moment

OP
OP
jayadelson

jayadelson

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Try several times thought out the day. In my experience if it fails to open, it's not gonna work 2 seconds later. On my vehicle, I just tried several hours later on a different drive. Just try to open it throughout the day. It seems to appear/disaapear more on a drive to drive basis, rather than moment to moment
Maybe a dumb question: Can I bypass this dance by using a Mongoose/FDRS?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Unless you see this icon on the top row of your Sync screen, trying to open the Connected Features pulldown won't work:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Failed update, features disabled, stopped communicating Connected_Vehicle

And FordPass doesn't use your home Wi-Fi and OTAs don't download that way either.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If there are available updates for your VIN you can certainly update the modules that way.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And that "Hands-free driving mode available through --" is a big clue that the gateway at least needs an update or a PMI to sort it out. May not need replacement but a PMI might help...unless of course there's a gateway update available that just hasn't been applied. But that might be too easy.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
As Mike G siad, if there are available module updates you can do them that way. But that unfortunately won't help with verifying connected vehicle status.

Unless you see this icon on the top row of your Sync screen, trying to open the Connected Features pulldown won't work:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Failed update, features disabled, stopped communicating Connected_Vehicle

And FordPass doesn't use your home Wi-Fi and OTAs don't download that way either.
This is true in the case of connected services being turned on, but menu not loading. If @jayadelson has connected services disabled (which it sounds like might be the case) that icon might not show, even if the menu will load.

OP
OP
jayadelson

jayadelson

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
As Mike G siad, if there are available module updates you can do them that way. But that unfortunately won't help with verifying connected vehicle status.

This is true in the case of connected services being turned on, but menu not loading. If @jayadelson has connected services disabled (which it sounds like might be the case) that icon might not show, even if the menu will load.
I guess it’s possible it was never set up with those services on, but then I don’t see why FordPass suddenly died. I’m guessing it got part way through and update and changed those settings.

I’ve driven the car and tried it, waited hours and tried again… LTE has five bars and strong, I have no idea what’s going on.

My next move is to try the Mongoose.

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
For those with this issue, I'm going to assume you already did the reboot (down volume simultaneous with next button for 5 seconds)
Sponsored