Fan noise near steering wheel when the car is off

waternut13134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
I just got my Mach E about a month ago, Today when I went out to move it I got into the car and I hear this fan noise that sounds like its coming somewhere near the steering wheel area, At first I thought it was just because my car is plugged in (It has already fully charged, just keep in plugged in when I'm at home) anyway when I unplugged the car the "Humming" from the charger stopped but that fan noise is still going, I then start the car up to move it and when I turned the car off you can still hear the noise. Im not sure if this is normal or something I need to look into. I will post a video of the noise.

If it helps I am located in Florida and the car is parked outside so its bloody hot at the moment so didn't know if it was something trying to keep the car cool or what as I've never heard this before.

Thanks for any help!

Video of the noise
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I mean some kind of noise is expected when the car is plugged in and charging, especially when it's hot outside.

Please make sure the blue lights on the charge port stop pulsing when charging is finished. If they keep pulsing all the time when plugged in, you need a software update so the car can go to sleep after charging finishes.

OP
OP

waternut13134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
I mean some kind of noise is expected when the car is plugged in and charging, especially when it's hot outside.

Please make sure the blue lights on the charge port stop pulsing when charging is finished. If they keep pulsing all the time when plugged in, you need a software update so the car can go to sleep after charging finishes.
Thanks, I just never heard that fan noise inside the cabin which is why I was perplexed. However when I did go back out to the car after making this post that fan sound was gone so I assume it was due to the charger being plugged in.

I have my charge limit set to 90% but that last blue light will still blink no matter what and the car will constantly hum no matter if it’s charging or if it’s just sitting idle on the charger. Is that a concern?

Since I got the car I haven’t gotten a single software update and have even followed all the recommendations (12V battery is always above 94%(right now it’s at 98%) have my WiFi off with good cell signal and drive it almost daily). I asked in FDRS post and someone checked for me and said everything looked good on my car and just waiting for Ford to push the updates.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thanks, I just never heard that fan noise inside the cabin which is why I was perplexed. However when I did go back out to the car after making this post that fan sound was gone so I assume it was due to the charger being plugged in.

I have my charge limit set to 90% but that last blue light will still blink no matter what and the car will constantly hum no matter if it’s charging or if it’s just sitting idle on the charger. Is that a concern?

Since I got the car I haven’t gotten a single software update and have even followed all the recommendations (12V battery is always above 94%(right now it’s at 98%) have my WiFi off with good cell signal and drive it almost daily). I asked in FDRS post and someone checked for me and said everything looked good on my car and just waiting for Ford to push the updates.
Yes, you car needs service to fix that bug. Print out the PDF and hand it to your service advisor when you make your appointment: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-charge-target-percentage-has-been-met.36309/

OP
OP

waternut13134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
Thanks! Just made an appointment but they can’t see me until August…….. I’m going to go in and try and see what they can do. In the meantime is this bad for me to leave it plugged in like this? Should I unplug it when it reaches full charge?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thanks! Just made an appointment but they can’t see me until August…….. I’m going to go in and try and see what they can do. In the meantime is this bad for me to leave it plugged in like this? Should I unplug it when it reaches full charge?
FFS. Call a different dealer. It's a software update that only takes 20 minutes. Yes I'd unplug it in the meantime so the fans and pumps aren't running all the time.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Here's the list of Orlando EV dealers, keep going down the list till you find one that can get you in:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fan noise near steering wheel when the car is off Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 4.53.54 PM

OP
OP

waternut13134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
Not bad, considering it's a holiday.
Yeah, I just woke up remembering that and now concerned they Forgot to set their Holiday Hours considering this dealership is the ONLY one that had open dates as soon as today. The next closest time I was able to find was June 3rd. So I'm hoping they can do the update and not have me come in to get the car "Diagnosed" and then have to come back again to have them update it.

OP
OP

waternut13134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
And FML, I drove over an hour to the dealership where I had my appointment, which was completely closed. I completely understand today is a holiday but the dealers website shouldn't allow me to schedule an appointment if they aren't going to be open, I even got the reminder text late last night confirming my appointment.

OP
OP

waternut13134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
FFS. Call a different dealer. It's a software update that only takes 20 minutes. Yes I'd unplug it in the meantime so the fans and pumps aren't running all the time.
Should I be concerned with the extra strain the cooling pump and any other AC electronics have had to be doing this past month (Got the car on 4/20)? The car is on the charger when I'm home which is 95% of the time so as you can imagine it has been running a long time.

Thanks again for your help!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Should I be concerned with the extra strain the cooling pump and any other AC electronics have had to be doing this past month (Got the car on 4/20)? The car is on the charger when I'm home which is 95% of the time so as you can imagine it has been running a long time.

Thanks again for your help!
Just try to unplug it when it's done.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I just got my Mach E about a month ago, Today when I went out to move it I got into the car and I hear this fan noise that sounds like its coming somewhere near the steering wheel area, At first I thought it was just because my car is plugged in (It has already fully charged, just keep in plugged in when I'm at home) anyway when I unplugged the car the "Humming" from the charger stopped but that fan noise is still going, I then start the car up to move it and when I turned the car off you can still hear the noise. Im not sure if this is normal or something I need to look into. I will post a video of the noise.

If it helps I am located in Florida and the car is parked outside so its bloody hot at the moment so didn't know if it was something trying to keep the car cool or what as I've never heard this before.

Thanks for any help!

Video of the noise
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

OP
OP

waternut13134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
Just try to unplug it when it's done.
So may need your advice. I called 2 of the dealers today (One who was supposed to see me yesterday and the other which is right around the corner) and they both told me that since there is no open recall for my car they cant do anything, I tried telling them there is a active TSB that not only falls in line with when my car was made but matches my issues exactly. They are letting me keep my appointments which both cant see me until next month but told me to not except to be able to get it fixed since that TSB "May not even apply to my vehicle".
Sponsored