John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Reserved today sitting in my Mack e in a parking lot in Canukistan. Very quickly but I have a Lightning so I guess I have to order two and they ship separately:( Still happy though, thanks Ford.
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I reserved via the website and got an e-mail-12 minutes later stating my reservation is active.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I ordered about 0800hrs PST today and expected delivery is June. The page was overloaded and not working much of the time. Patience and frequent refreshes of the page finally got me in.

Patience grasshopper ;-)

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
This is a no win situation for Ford. Communicate a missed target date and they get eviscerated for missing. Communicate a new target date and they get eviscerated for setting unrealistic expectations in the first place. Communicate no target date and they get eviscerated for not being transparent.

Yes it's disappointing but there is nothing to be gained by Ford. Just look at the recent situation with the NACS adapter. People were KILLING Farley as recently as Monday of this week for an update that said he was testing the chargers and more info to come "soon". Everybody assumed that meant another delay and this would not hit in Spring. Now just 3 days later pre orders for adapters are open and Tesla chargers are available and guess what, people are bitching about speed to fulfill. Cannot win the customer service game. I don't blame them at all for their approach on BC.
They already chose door #1, choose a target date.

If they don’t want to be held to that standard, they shouldn’t have picked a date.

And again, when you miss a date, communicate what’s up and pick another one.

Total silence is probably the worst choice after they missed their own deadline.

Pedro Diaz

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E 4X California Route-1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I waited this long for a chance of more charging options...what's another 6 months if it is FREE.

FCA_reserved.png

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E FAQ & Tips -- Mach-E Access to Tesla Superchargers; NACS Adapter 1709267719220

😭

ChehRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext. Range
Occupation
ret
Country flag
My dealer offers free car wash, so went over yesterday after getting my order in. I talked to the tech and suggested that the dealership should get half a dozen of the adapters, and check them out to customers. Most of us would like to do a road trip earlier than our 'delivery date'. Most of us only will use them once a month or even less.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My dealer offers free car wash, so went over yesterday after getting my order in. I talked to the tech and suggested that the dealership should get half a dozen of the adapters, and check them out to customers. Most of us would like to do a road trip earlier than our 'delivery date'. Most of us only will use them once a month or even less.
I think that would get messy for dealers bc you'll have people that forget to return the adapter, break it accidentally, keep it or lose the adapter. There used to be a website that would rent camera lenses. If you lose or forget to return the lense you'd be charged. I can see a website that rents the adapters and charges you if you don't return it.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think that would get messy for dealers bc you'll have people that forget to return the adapter, break it accidentally, keep it or lose the adapter. There used to be a website that would rent camera lenses. If you lose or forget to return the lense you'd be charged. I can see a website that rents the adapters and charges you if you don't return it.
lensrentals dot com is still around; I used to rent specialty lenses from them all the time!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
That's exactly what Ford has done. You snooze. You lose.
Did they communicate anything and pick another target date?

I remember the original announcement here, haven’t seen any updates since then from Ford.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
If you remember the official announcement back in May 2023, Ford said they, "will provide Ford electric vehicle customers access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada, doubling the number of fast-chargers available to Ford EV customers starting Spring 2024."

It's still winter 2024, and they've already started delivering the adapters to customers.
I don't see how anyone can interpret this as anything other than that they're ahead of schedule.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...n-access-to-12-000-tesla-superchargers--.html

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium 4X, ready for the Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
If you remember the official announcement back in May 2023, Ford said they, "will provide Ford electric vehicle customers access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada, doubling the number of fast-chargers available to Ford EV customers starting Spring 2024."

It's still winter 2024, and they've already started delivering the adapters to customers.
I don't see how anyone can interpret this as anything other than that they're ahead of schedule.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...n-access-to-12-000-tesla-superchargers--.html
Oh you know, it's the Internet, everything is drama and everyone is a keyboard warrior, ready to make a post on a forum or a video on Youtube to whine about this or that, regardless of whether there's a reason to.

Thanks for trying to set the record straight!

PilotMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Moke, FRS, Prius, FJR, 1966 Shelby Mustang
Country flag
The site was overloaded and kept saying come back later. I just switched browsers (Chrome, Tor, and Edge) until one of them worked. It said I had reserved my adapter. And no email. Well the email was stopped by our network and quarantined and "shredded". I got IT to forward it to me. and I got this:

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏

 ͏  ͏  ͏  &#847

Which I was able to pull out my order number and a May 2024 position.

I must have really wanted to know I had actually reserved my spot in line.

Love the car.
Sponsored