John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I’m trying to decide where to take the Mach-E after yesterday’s event.

The FordPass app lists “Ford Certified Collision Centers” in my area, but most of them are Caliber locations and I’ve heard not good things about them.

My local Ford dealer has a large collision center, and I’m thinking they might (maybe?) have better access to parts than a complete third party, but of course, they’re not listed as Ford Certified in the FordPass app.

Also, the insurance company wants to direct me to their options, but they made it very clear I can go with anyone I want.

Any thoughts here would be appreciated.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Many insurance companies will "guarantee repairs for life" if you use their recommended shops.

Some Ford dealers have extensive body shops. Some, do not.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
OP - where in VA are you? If you're near the Ashburn/Dulles/Chantilly area, I only recommend D&V auto body. Top tier work performed and they work with all major insurance companies.

OP
OP
JohnnyForensic

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
OP - where in VA are you? If you're near the Ashburn/Dulles/Chantilly area, I only recommend D&V auto body. Top tier work performed and they work with all major insurance companies.
I live further west, but I work in that area. I'll look them up. Thank you.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I live further west, but I work in that area. I'll look them up. Thank you.
YW. They just did work on two of my vehicles that had altercations with both plastic and metal panels. Flawless paint work; and they keep you updated every step of the way.

OP
OP
JohnnyForensic

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
YW. They just did work on two of my vehicles that had altercations with both plastic and metal panels. Flawless paint work; and they keep you updated every step of the way.
Long wait to get booked for work, out of curiosity?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Long wait to get booked for work, out of curiosity?
Not at all. I had to wait for parts from Ford for 5 weeks. As soon as they received the final part, I was on the schedule first of the next week. 10 days for a repair (replacement bumper, hatch, bodywork to rear right quarter).

OP
OP
JohnnyForensic

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Not at all. I had to wait for parts from Ford for 5 weeks. As soon as they received the final part, I was on the schedule first of the next week. 10 days for a repair (replacement bumper, hatch, bodywork to rear right quarter).
Sounds like almost an identical set of issues, though I might be okay on the rear quarter. Thanks much for the information; I'm going to strongly consider them even though it's a bit of a hike.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Sounds like almost an identical set of issues, though I might be okay on the rear quarter. Thanks much for the information; I'm going to strongly consider them even though it's a bit of a hike.
Ask for Andrew Chang. Tell him Connor "with the blue Fords" referred you.

I believe they are an enterprise location (or work with Enterprise) so when you get a rental, you can pickup and drop-off at their location.

My only issue I had with the repair process (actually a Nationwide issue) was that I couldn't get a rental until the day I dropped the vehicle, even though we were waiting for parts. Nationwide WOULD NOT exceed my $900 rental cap, even though parts were on backorder from Ford. So keep that in mind.

OP
OP
JohnnyForensic

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Ask for Andrew Chang. Tell him Connor "with the blue Fords" referred you.

I believe they are an enterprise location (or work with Enterprise) so when you get a rental, you can pickup and drop-off at their location.

My only issue I had with the repair process (actually a Nationwide issue) was that I couldn't get a rental until the day I dropped the vehicle, even though we were waiting for parts. Nationwide WOULD NOT exceed my $900 rental cap, even though parts were on backorder from Ford. So keep that in mind.
Hey, just wanted to let you know that I ended-up going with D&V. My insurance (Nationwide also) uses Enterprise, so that should all come together nicely when and if the parts ever arrive. I appreciate the recommendation! (Or, I will when the work is flawless, right? RIGHT?!) ;)

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Hey, just wanted to let you know that I ended-up going with D&V. My insurance (Nationwide also) uses Enterprise, so that should all come together nicely when and if the parts ever arrive. I appreciate the recommendation! (Or, I will when the work is flawless, right? RIGHT?!) ;)
Glad to hear. Are you working through Andrew or another adjuster? Regardless, you will get excellent service. The owner is fabulous and even called me to personally thank me for selecting their shop out of the many choices I had.

Also, don’t let Nationwide jerk your around in repair costs. There was about a $600 discrepancy on my Focus RS repair that Nationwide didn’t feel they were responsible for, but Andrew quickly reassured them my plan as all the correct coverages for the repair.

OP
OP
JohnnyForensic

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Glad to hear. Are you working through Andrew or another adjuster? Regardless, you will get excellent service. The owner is fabulous and even called me to personally thank me for selecting their shop out of the many choices I had.

Also, don’t let Nationwide jerk your around in repair costs. There was about a $600 discrepancy on my Focus RS repair that Nationwide didn’t feel they were responsible for, but Andrew quickly reassured them my plan as all the correct coverages for the repair.
Good to know!
So far, just working with the receptionist who took my Nationwide appraisal and said she’d talk to them in the morning to arrange payment and order the parts. I did say you sent me (to him), so we’ll see!
Sponsored