Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Well, our 2021 Mach E has been issue free for 22K miles. Over past two days I have had two "Service Vehicle Soon" lights that can be cleared, and then I get a message on my phone of power train failure issue. I would not think that we would have the HVJB issue as my wife drives car and she never gets on it very hard. I called the local Ford dealer and they said the vehicle had two outstanding recalls for programming that was probably causing issue. One issue was on the HVAC system and one on Blue Cruise. I don't see how either of those could affect power train. They did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling they knew what they were talking about. Vehicle runs fine, but do not want it to fail when my wife is out on road alone. Am I correct in dreading that this is the HPJB issue rearing its ugly head?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The message will specifically say that it's the high voltage battery. If it is just powertrain, it may be something else.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Well, our 2021 Mach E has been issue free for 22K miles. Over past two days I have had two "Service Vehicle Soon" lights that can be cleared, and then I get a message on my phone of power train failure issue. I would not think that we would have the HVJB issue as my wife drives car and she never gets on it very hard. I called the local Ford dealer and they said the vehicle had two outstanding recalls for programming that was probably causing issue. One issue was on the HVAC system and one on Blue Cruise. I don't see how either of those could affect power train. They did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling they knew what they were talking about. Vehicle runs fine, but do not want it to fail when my wife is out on road alone. Am I correct in dreading that this is the HPJB issue rearing its ugly head?
Hi there. This powertrain concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Hi there. This powertrain concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
The dealership is North Georgia Ford in Blueridge, Georgia. We took the vehicle in and they looked it over and said it needed two software updates to fix the "issue?" They would not say what the problem is. They state they were unable to do the updates because they could not "download them" from Ford. We took the car home and they said they would call us when they got the downloads. Has now been four days and no return call. I am giving them until tomorrow and then will ask them if they are going to fix or I need to take elsewhere. This is the same dealership that tried twice to fix a rear door rattle and still have no corrected that. I am losing confidence that they know what they are doing even though they are supposedly in the EV dealership list. Any help you could provide to them would be appreciated.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Did these occur while you were driving, or when you turned the car on?

These messages sometimes occur due to charging faults. They clear up on their own. It's a known bug that doesn't appear to be serious. But by all means, get all the updates you can from the dealership. Maybe those will fix something.
Sponsored