Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
...so did you end up getting the black one from Kendall Anchorage? The Kendall Anchorage sales guy told me they already sold the black one, and Kendall ANC isn't expecting another Mach e after mine; so I hope you got the car you wanted - the next one available will probably be the grey FCTP car, whenever that comes up. [Edit: I saw a black Mach e when I stopped by Kendall today, but couldn't tell if it was for sale. Maybe the guy I talked to was mistaken?]

I originally pre-ordered a SR but panicked and swapped to ER when I converted my order. Originally I figured neither was enough to get me to Fairbanks (or out of this state ?) but at least now I can run the heater as much as I want.

Anyways, funny story: my red 4x spent a suspicious amount of time at the port in WA (I mean most of the 66 day transit time - I guess scheduling was tight) so I called Kendall Anchorage up, and it just happened to be that Friday the day after the black one arrived. At first they told me it was my red car and to get ready to come down, but just as I was getting ready to leave the house they called back and said it was the wrong car. They told me that the grey FCTP car was available to test, though so I got to drive it that Saturday. I guess some homeless guy wandered out of the woods earlier in the week and tried to steal their public charger for scrap, so when I arrived at the scheduled time, the (standard range) car hadn't charged at all and was down to about 30%. I took it out to Potter's Marsh and tooled around Rabbit Creek long enough to show the wife that it could handle winter roads; then we rushed back with about 7mi of range left.

So they loaded my car onto the barge the next Tuesday (3/9) and it was in ANC right on time on 3/18, then in my driveway the next day. It's been a great week so far, but I'll be dropping it off in the morning to figure out what's wrong with the connected services and to fix/replace a loose seal on the roof glass - so here's hoping I have it back for its 1 week anniversary.
1616568681118.png
Great looking car!

I could have bought the black one but Kendall didn’t want to offer any of the finance incentives and since it was only the standard range I decided to hold off for a customer order in Washington state.
The infinite blue premium with Extended range should be delivered any day now to the dealer in Washington and then barring any Suezisms a few day barge up to AK ??

Last edited: