First trip with base AWD - The Good, Bad, and Ugly..

• Thread starter Deleted member 9368
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 9368

I had to drive 124 Miles to meet a colleague for a work meeting this week. It would be my first charging and Ford nav experience in almost a year since getting my 2021 base AWD. I did not research usage, tips, or anything else as I want to (easily) play the DFU. My feedback:

The good:
  1. Started app 98% charge, Total (1 way) 114.5 miles - Energy used 38.3kWh, 3 mi/kWh, Brake score 98% - Seemed ok with speeds up to 85 mph..
  2. The ride was great. I have seen complaints about rough ride. I am not buying it.
  3. Ford Nav held up well ...with caveats. (see bad/ugly)
  4. I don't have blue cruise. However, the cruise was great. I seemed to be fighting road position a bit at times..
  5. Was fantastic having an EV charging station (parking areas) near exit available while in meeting.
  6. I was pleasantly surprised how little time it took to go from 40%-80% at a rapid charge station. Thumbs up.
The Bad:
  1. On me - I was early and decided to charge briefly before meeting. Made the mistake of going to a Chargepoint that I think was 110V. Was a complete waste of time. It took me a bit to filter filter correctly. I quickly excluded regular.
  2. On Ford? - Related to item 1. Ford didn't show this garage as having free charging. it may have been it was considered slow charging..but it wasn't as slow as previous.
  3. On the journey home, stopped at a rapid charge Shell. Took me 10 min to figure that only 1 of the 2 stations were "in network". See Ugly for more on this..

The Ugly:
  1. If it says "In Network", I assumed it would ALSO mean I could use the 250kWh free from Ford. But, NOPE..it means I can activate through Ford app.
  2. The Android (at least) app navigation in wifi or 5G is TOO SLOW and cumbersome. The fonts are too small, too much separation of key functions. Example: Blue Oval should have a comment in that section that ONLY Electrify America ties to free charging hours.
  3. Due to the lack of availability of Electrify America on this particular journey (and likely others), pretty confident I will have 240 KW expiring...
Sponsored

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
The ugly #3. The app says powered by Electrify America right under the 250kWh bundle.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9368

The ugly #3. The app says powered by Electrify America right under the 250kWh bundle.
It needs to be (should be) when you start up Blue Oval and should even have a filter on it..
Ford customer service ack that they are getting same complaints from others.

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
It needs to be (should be) when you start up Blue Oval and should even have a filter on it..
Ford customer service ack that they are getting same complaints from others.
You can please some of the people all of the time. You can please all of the people some of the time. What you can NOT do is please ALL of the people ALL of the time.

The first time I used an EVGo charger I had thought it was going to use my bucket too. My husband chatted with them and found out that the bucket is for EA only. We misunderstood the first time even though, after looking again, it was pretty clear that it was for EA only. What if EA and Ford didn’t give us that bucket to begin with? At the end of the day, you lose nothing.

shayna

First Name
niekdoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
kia picanto
Country flag
Mods are all 100% on point. Subtle and work with the car's inherent design instead of standing out against it. Very nice. Apparently I'm in a distinct minority of people who are not crazy about this design, for aesthetic and practical reasons, but he definitely improved the car's look.

snaptube vidmate
Sponsored

Last edited: