nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
Amazon $35 Cdn... and they are metal housings ...
bracket is at the back, so will mount under the "grill" , and clears the license plate mount.

drivers side of this area has this ?????, im guessing temp probe..... anyone know? - first pic

others are for reference.

no wiring harness, but id rather make my own anyway..

IMG_2575.JPG

IMG_2579.JPG

IMG_2577.JPG

IMG_2574.JPG

OP
OP
nuMach

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
my first thought was something like rally model lights, but couldnt find anything but the Rigid style flush mounts (and imitators). Didnt like the big frame to mount em.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
You don’t really need fog lights, the headlights on the Mach-E have excellent low beam coverage. Everything is already bright.

I would not mount them there.

OP
OP
nuMach

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
Yes, that’s the outside temperature probe my question is when the shutters open aren’t they gonna hit that fog light just asking?
good question ,,,, i thought i saw they open inward, but will need to double down on research

OP
OP
nuMach

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
I had a VW sirrocco with cibe conversions on all 4 headlights, plus 2 cibe spots under, and a fog between them.
Added up the watts/12 and it was a 100A draw with all on. could drive the back roads with sunglasses at night. Bet the alternator was cryin'

OP
OP
nuMach

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
You don’t really need fog lights, the headlights on the Mach-E have excellent low beam coverage. Everything is already bright.

I would not mount them there.
factory lights are decent. still could use more light. country life, no street lights
- appreciate the feedback :)

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
MME headlights differ by trim. I'm not sure about the 2024 model year but on 2023s and prior, the Select and CR1 have LED Reflector headlights while the GT and Premium have LED Projector headlights. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in the U.S. rates the reflector headlights as "Marginal" and the projector headlights as "Good".
https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/Ford/mustang-mach-e-4-door-suv/2023

OP
OP
nuMach

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
MME headlights differ by trim. I'm not sure about the 2024 model year but on 2023s and prior, the Select and CR1 have LED Reflector headlights while the GT and Premium have LED Projector headlights. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in the U.S. rates the reflector headlights as "Marginal" and the projector headlights as "Good".
https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/Ford/mustang-mach-e-4-door-suv/2023

yep 23 select AWD here. Ive had worse headlights .... these are good, not excellent. Craving better lighting. Lottsa deer here, and wanna see the whites of their beady eyes.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
yep 23 select AWD here. Ive had worse headlights .... these are good, not excellent. Craving better lighting. Lottsa deer here, and wanna see the whites of their beady eyes.
Those fog lamps aren't street legal so you can't use them to see deer while driving on public roads. You'll blind oncoming drivers because the light goes up too far. Aftermarket light bars are a huge problem around here, no offense but only total jerks put those on their cars/trucks.

Use your high beams rather than adding fog lamps.

OP
OP
nuMach

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
Those fog lamps aren't street legal so you can't use them to see deer while driving on public roads. You'll blind oncoming drivers because the light goes up too far. Aftermarket light bars are a huge problem around here, no offense but only total jerks put those on their cars/trucks.

Use your high beams rather than adding fog lamps.

you are correct - these are aftermarket non-road lamps. primarily because they have a combination spot and fog design. Nice to get wide beam on top of better distance lighting.

Will be adding a switch to enable or disable, and triggering the relay with the high beam conductor.

So, wont be driving around with em on as a regular thing.

However when Im in a situation I want the added light, its there.

I find the auto-highbeam is faster than me unless I have a finger poised on the stalk and just waiting for the opportunity to dim them.
I feel auto high beam mode should minimize burning down other drivers, not there are many other drivers at 5:30 am headed to work. Obviously not needing em on the main highway.

So comes down to responsible use and my choices / needs for my own safety.

So get your point about light bar bandits. You arent the only location with sky high 4x4 fans and I hope not to include myself in that club. Im not a fan either.
Sponsored