Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Sligolad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 4x, Macan S
Country flag
I thought about that and that’s going to be my next experiment. Get in the car, unlock the phone, put it on the pad, drive away. The unknown in this case is whether the phone will relook after a while. By the way, at least in my case, my iPhone connects to sync via WiFi for CarPlay.
On the Sirius app, in the application settings, there is a screen lock override button. Turn it on.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ok, testing results (TL;DR - total fail)
First, I toggled Screen Lock Override to ON
Got into the car, placed phone on the pad, locked.
Started driving, said "Siri, tune Alt Nation: (remember "Tune Alt Nation" is the name of one of the Siri Shortcuts I created). Siri gave the response about not being able to do that while my phone was locked response. Repeated it a few times with the names of different shortcuts I've created for different SiriusXM channels to confirm the response.
Then, I unlocked the phone and left it on my home screen, again on the charge pad. Said "Siri, tune Alt Nation". This time, Siri told me the action would have to be "continued on Jim's iPhone 12 Pro Max" and something to the effect that he didn't recommend doing that while I was driving (and nothing was done). Again, I repeated that with a couple of different shortcuts and got the same response.
Finally, I launched the SiriusXM app and had it opened to the main screen with one of the channels playing. Again, I said "Siri, tune Alt Nation", same response about the action having to be continued on my iPhone and not recommending that this be done while I'm driving (and nothing was done).
So, none of the scenarios I can come up with seem to work. When I'm not in the car and just give the command directly to my phone, at home for example, it works fine.
So, I'm not sure what to do next except to hope that maybe SiriusXM will come up with Siri integration?

Sligolad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 4x, Macan S
Country flag
Ok, testing results (TL;DR - total fail)
First, I toggled Screen Lock Override to ON
Got into the car, placed phone on the pad, locked.
Started driving, said "Siri, tune Alt Nation: (remember "Tune Alt Nation" is the name of one of the Siri Shortcuts I created). Siri gave the response about not being able to do that while my phone was locked response. Repeated it a few times with the names of different shortcuts I've created for different SiriusXM channels to confirm the response.
Then, I unlocked the phone and left it on my home screen, again on the charge pad. Said "Siri, tune Alt Nation". This time, Siri told me the action would have to be "continued on Jim's iPhone 12 Pro Max" and something to the effect that he didn't recommend doing that while I was driving (and nothing was done). Again, I repeated that with a couple of different shortcuts and got the same response.
Finally, I launched the SiriusXM app and had it opened to the main screen with one of the channels playing. Again, I said "Siri, tune Alt Nation", same response about the action having to be continued on my iPhone and not recommending that this be done while I'm driving (and nothing was done).
So, none of the scenarios I can come up with seem to work. When I'm not in the car and just give the command directly to my phone, at home for example, it works fine.
So, I'm not sure what to do next except to hope that maybe SiriusXM will come up with Siri integration?
I wish they would just integrate the xm app into sync. I’ve had CarPlay issues in the past. Now I just make sure my phone is unlocked before I start the car. Also in the Siri settings check the following. Allow Siri while locked
Ford Mustang Mach-E Foiled by CarPlay! C46661A5-430A-44E3-BC94-D00D43254400

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yep. I have that and listen for Hey Siri.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Howard Stern is still a thing? Gosh, I remember him being on the radio in New York City when I graduated from college. We would listen to him on our crystal sets when we weren’t tinkering around with our Model As. Seriously, the guys like a relic from the Regan era. Like Anita Bryant and Wham! Ugh.
Sponsored