Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Finally got my Mach E. Love it, except…CarPlay! What is going on??

everything was paired properly, one time CarPlay worked. One time it worked flawlessly. Now it won’t work!

I went through all of the trouble shooting steps: repaired phone to sync 4, softreset of phone and sync 4, adjusted all CarPlay settings and still not working.

Getting the following message: “CarPlay is disabled on iPhone 12 Pro. Please enable CarPlay to proceed”

Any suggestions??
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Does it worked while plugged in?

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Sometimes it likes to not work and then comes back the next drive. You can unplug or plug in your phone, sometimes it likes one over the other (wireless vs wired). You can also reboot your phone and reboot sync.

OP
OP

tjpar27

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Just unpaired everything. Turned car on, used an Apple Connector and connected via USB…now it works (including wireless)

crazy! I was messing with this for an hour last night.

anyone else have this experience?

Hilikus

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Mine was wonky once the day after I got my car. Tried everything but rebooting to get wireless working and nothing helped. Finally turned the phone off, rebooted sync, and it has not given me a problem since.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Obviously on your first attempt You were using a Bluetooth 🧚🏻‍♀️ fairy. Second attempt was done with the Bluetooth 🧞 Genie. Larry Hagman proved genies 🧞‍♀️ are superior to fairies 🧚‍♂️ Nobody dreams of a fairy 🧚‍♂️
Jes sayin. Hope that clears it up for you

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Make sure the Wi-Fi connection is enabled. If I turn off Wi-Fi, CarPlay wont work. The iPhone will give you a prompt saying so if you’re currently connected to CarPlay and turn off Wi-Fi.

OP
OP

tjpar27

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Thanks all for the replies! CarPlay is pretty awesome when working. Having a lot of fun in this car!

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
My GTPE was flawless with Wireless CarPlay for the first 10 days or so...then I experience the same glitch as you described...where it would not connect to Sync. I tried rebooting the phone-no luck. Rebooted the car-nothing. I tried a cable-same thing no luck. Then the next day it worked perfectly again. But a few days later it went "stupid again" and the solution was to re-boot Sync. I have had to do that again a few days ago but it seems to be more stable since forcing a reboot.

To reboot Sync 4 on our cars: Press and hold both the Volume Down and Seek Right buttons on the steering wheel controls for 10 seconds and it reboots. It is ok to do even while driving.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My carplay works 80% of the time. 10% requires me to turn my phone into airplane and close the fordpass app, then turning airplane off and reopening the app. The other 10% requires me to do a Sych reboot. This is all for the wireless, the cable I have in my car is a USBA to Lighting which apparently does not work for wired carplay. I need to get a USBC to Lighting but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Finally got my Mach E. Love it, except…CarPlay! What is going on??

everything was paired properly, one time CarPlay worked. One time it worked flawlessly. Now it won’t work!

I went through all of the trouble shooting steps: repaired phone to sync 4, softreset of phone and sync 4, adjusted all CarPlay settings and still not working.

Getting the following message: “CarPlay is disabled on iPhone 12 Pro. Please enable CarPlay to proceed”

Any suggestions??
Pretty sure wireless carplay runs thru wi-fi so make sure your phone is connected to the cars wi-fi.

When I had a problem with connect a while back toggling of the cars conductivity (settings conductivity) and back on reset it and it worked again.

Have not had problems for a while now.

SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I had an intermittent problem last night. Sometimes wireless CarPlay does not connect. I can usually fix it by turning oft the car, opening the door, then turning the car back on again. Last night I jumped right on the interstate before it could connect. While traveling 79 mph, I could not find a graceful way to turn off the car and open the door. Thanks to this thread I will just try to reboot Sync instead. I took photos of it trying to connect, five minutes (and six miles) apart.

By the way, there is a spot between Castle Rock and Tomah Rd on southbound I-25 where the car convinces itself that the speed limit is 85 mph. I have not pinned down the exact location. Has anyone else seen that? It causes the Mach-E to accelerate past 80 mph, dropping out of Blue Cruise and teeing me up for a speeding ticket.

C6FC6A51-2775-42FD-9D08-F5FCEBA66983.jpeg

3C93E0E9-D58B-421C-869F-592CD689AE86.jpeg

MachEbh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD ext battery
Country flag
Only issue I have had with CarPlay is right after I used my iPhone as a hotspot. Disconnect what ever device (in my case, my iPad) that was connected to the hotspot BEFORE getting in your Mach E.
Sponsored