MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Having sold many new cars in my younger days (at Ford) to get through school, I‘m certain the dealers aren’t going away. I’m equally certain you aren’t actually getting a deal when the price is locked.
The dealers are always going make a profit off what ever you buy the question is just how much.
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Not to muddy the waters but the VW ID.4 is coming, too.. I believe the plan is to have it available by (stop me if you have heard this before) late 2020.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mustang Mach E vs Tesla Model Y vwid4

quackideas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Legacy, Acura MDX
Country flag
I've stopped shopping Teslas based on fit and finish. It's too much money to not have panels line up or ridiculous gaps, plus the fact that they're not a startup anymore. Looking forward seeing the reveal tomorrow and the VW ID4 next year.

I do think Tesla will hold the edge on most competitors for OTA updates, but would love to see Ford (or someone else) really push the envelope and show us what they can do.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not to muddy the waters but the VW ID.4 is coming, too.. I believe the plan is to have it available by (stop me if you have heard this before) late 2020.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mustang Mach E vs Tesla Model Y B5CAA98B-F8E0-410A-9B90-4C8166DE841B
That's what I was thinking of from the foreign auto show/conference. VW has some awesome EVs coming out.

F91

The battery problems with the Nissan Leaf is do to the lack of an active thermal management system for the battery pack. Tesla and most other manufactures of electric vehicles have thermal management systems.

It is assumed that the Mach-e has thermal management cooling loops for the battery, motor controller, charger and motors.

This is an important detail that needs to be verified.
I cannot imagine a car like this being released without some sort of battery management system

OP
OP
mhcrowder

mhcrowder

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Well, almost all my questions were answered. Since there was no mention of towing capacity I can only assume it is not towing capable. Too bad, I liked what I am seeing, but it may be a deal breaker for me.

MHC
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.