J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I personally think the Magneto is a cool idea, but I don't know how it all shakes out with the gear ratios and differential in 4 Low? I'm sure Jeep will think that through, I'm just sure that's probably where most people will ask the question in those situations where they want the control. Also, Jeeps are so heavily modded most of the time, you wonder what kind of mods this could actually tolerate and how it would affect range? It sounds like Jeep is putting some thought into that too in some ways with 40 inch tires, 3 inch lift, etc. and baking that in. They had to lengthen the wheel base for the EV to accommodate the drive train which could be another turn off for off roaders for maneuverability (this could be negligent though, I'm not sure of the actual specs). For the weekend warrior on heavily blazed trails, it will probably be just fine honestly. The other thing I think about is range anxiety on the trail, but again, assuming you plan, it is likely to be fine. I do think more hybrid options like the 4ev are smart, I'm not sure how you will get die hards to go full electric. My husband and I are watching the Lightnings and Rivian kind of closely to see how these options end up performing from a towing and outdoor activity perspective...if they can deliver, it'll be exciting.
Thanks for the insight.

Read somewhere that the prototype Magneto has a manual gear shift. Made no sense to me with the technology, but was something that was being researched.

I think as the technology improves most of the concerns for range and off-road/remote location anxiety will disappear. Exciting times ahead.
Sponsored

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
1653592095501.png

The dealer should contact you within this same time frame to go over your 'Options'.

If you plan on doing the 'Renew' option you need to let Ford Credit know 30 days prior to the balloon note due date. This gives time to do the paperwork before the payment is due.
Who knows what the car landscape will be like in 3-4 years, but can you really just "Renew" Options. Would you not have to get a new Lightning or MachE at that time. Is it likely with short supply that they would even have a car ready for you to Renew into?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Who knows what the car landscape will be like in 3-4 years, but can you really just "Renew" Options. Would you not have to get a new Lightning or MachE at that time. Is it likely with short supply that they would even have a car ready for you to Renew into?
I think they have updated the terminology but in this context ‘Renew’ means ‘refinancing’. You keep your existing Mach-E and refinance the one balloon payment into regular monthly payments (like up to another 36 monthly payments).

What you are describing is the ‘retail’ option where you payoff or trade in your Mach-E when the balloon payment is due. If a new vehicle is not available when your balloon payment is due then you can refinance the balloon until your next vehicle arrives. Then trade your Mach-E in.

Last edited:

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
I think they have updated the terminology but in this context ‘Renew’ means ‘refinancing’. You keep your existing Mach-E and refinance the one balloon payment into regular monthly payments (like up to another 36 monthly payments).
Under the refinancing option, are we able to keep the Ford Options interest rate for the initial term (36 or 48 months) for refinancing the ballon payment?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag