Ford Options Illegal in California

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
I guess it's dealer dependent. Sucks that you have a crappy dealer.

I used South Bay ford by LAX for my GTPE. Got xplan, ford option, and no ADM. Honored price protection too. Easiest transaction ever. They ask if I wanted an extended warranty, but other than that, no other sales pitch. When I decline, they didn't push the issue.

I had an issue with the xplan. Since I ordered a 2021, but got a 2022 car, they didn't know how much to take off for the xplan. So they "lent" me my car for a week with dealer plates until they could figure it out. Came back a week later and signed the paper work.

Great dealership. Highly recommended.
I'll be picking up from South Bay Ford in a couple weeks. They've been great and up front about all the points you mention.

I'm curious though as I also had an original 2021 order that became a 2022. Was your x-plan price based on the October price of your converted 2022 order or the original price when you first ordered the 2021? I assumed it would be the October price since we also have the $750 credit for the MY change.
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just spoke with the Finance Manager at Santa Maria Ford. He's very old-school and has been at the dealership for more than 30 years, including 25 as Finance Manager!

He told me Ford hasn't done financing programs before involving balloon payments, and the dealership has yet to develop the systems to handle that. It sounded like he was somewhat reluctant to try anything new.

However, he did say that lots of customers have been inquiring about the Ford Options program, so the dealership will probably have to figure out how to implement it sooner or later. I suggested he do that sooner so I can take advantage of that when my GT arrives in May!
The crazy thing with that statement is the financing is with Ford Motor Credit. The dealer just processes the deal and they receive their money. Ford Credit, and you, have to deal with the balloon payment.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I'll be picking up from South Bay Ford in a couple weeks. They've been great and up front about all the points you mention.

I'm curious though as I also had an original 2021 order that became a 2022. Was your x-plan price based on the October price of your converted 2022 order or the original price when you first ordered the 2021? I assumed it would be the October price since we also have the $750 credit for the MY change.
Its based on the October price, that's why ford gave you the $750.

The problem with mine was that the dealer has no record of how much the xplan price was for 2021. And they didn't know the percentages off the msrp. It took them a week working with FORD to figure it out. In the mean time they gave me my GTPE as a "loaner." until they could figure it out. Great service. In the end, I got everything off, Option plan discount, 750$, price rebate, price protection.

now that I think about it, I think the finance guy made a mistake and gave me the July order price for 2021 and not the updated Oct price for 2022 because the Xplan was a few thousands lower.

Great guys at South Bay Ford.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its based on the October price, that's why ford gave you the $750.

The problem with mine was that the dealer has no record of how much the xplan price was for 2021. And they didn't know the percentages off the msrp. It took them a week working with FORD to figure it out. In the mean time they gave me my GTPE as a "loaner." until they could figure it out. Great service. In the end, I got everything off, Option plan discount, 750$, price rebate, price protection.

now that I think about it, I think the finance guy made a mistake and gave me the July order price for 2021 and not the updated Oct price for 2022 because the Xplan was a few thousands lower.

Great guys at South Bay Ford.
Got it. Yeah, that's exactly how I expected it to work. And now that they've figured it out for you, should be a breeze. Though they'll probably use the right numbers for me!

OP
OP

nathan624

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Update: just got an email that they’re going to try and transfer the order to another dealer, no communication as to where it would be transferred or even asking where I want it to be transferred to or if they had other financing available…

the car is in Kansas City, not sure how this will affect my delivery schedule.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: just got an email that they’re going to try and transfer the order to another dealer, no communication as to where it would be transferred or even asking where I want it to be transferred to or if they had other financing available…

the car is in Kansas City, not sure how this will affect my delivery schedule.
It's so bizarre that they would rather transfer it and not take the easy profit. They could just refuse to do options and still take delivery of the car if they wanted so I guess that's better for you...though weird.

OP
OP

nathan624

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
They’re doing a vehicle transfer to another dealer closer to me, not an order transfer. So the car will still go to Long Beach and then back on a truck down to San Diego, or however it works idk. Will probably add another few weeks to the timeline.

I’m apprehensive about it all because I have no faith in the original dealership but if it works out, I’ve heard great things about Encinatas Ford.
Sponsored