jrwin

First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ME Premium RWD ER Rapid Red
Country flag
The other day, after an overnight OTA, my Carplay stopped working (and all my FM presets mysteriously became 87.5). Specifically, the Wireless App Projection became disabled. The toggle is still there, but it is grayed out. I tried upairing the device and unpairing the vehicle, rebooting the device and rebooting SYNC in the vehicle, and all other kinds of troubleshooting, but no cigar. WAP is just not there anymore. When I try to link it up, it gives me the "Enable WAP" message, looks like it's about to connect, then nothing... I've had my 23 MME for 6K miles when this occurred, and I really miss Carplay. I haven't plugged in a lightning cable yet for Carplay because I heard that can further mess things up. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Reboot both sync and the iphone. Make sure the phone has both Bluetooth and wifi on.

U2bambam

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
The other day, after an overnight OTA, my Carplay stopped working (and all my FM presets mysteriously became 87.5). Specifically, the Wireless App Projection became disabled. The toggle is still there, but it is grayed out. I tried upairing the device and unpairing the vehicle, rebooting the device and rebooting SYNC in the vehicle, and all other kinds of troubleshooting, but no cigar. WAP is just not there anymore. When I try to link it up, it gives me the "Enable WAP" message, looks like it's about to connect, then nothing... I've had my 23 MME for 6K miles when this occurred, and I really miss Carplay. I haven't plugged in a lightning cable yet for Carplay because I heard that can further mess things up. Any suggestions?
Call FordPass, go to account and scroll down to help. They will help you troubleshoot and fix your problem. They are great and easy to reach.
Sponsored