Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
As a note of caution to all MachE owners, if you allow your charger software or any other third party software to connect to your Ford Pass, they will suspend your account. So this is not necessarily an issue if you have a key fob but if you use your phone as a key fob, you will be locked out of your account and driving the car could be very difficult to say the least. Apparently once you disconnect the third party device, it will take Ford 24-48 hrs to unlock your account (lightening speed)

So software issues are plentiful, update issues are hit and mis and now this. Ford needs to fix software, they should have not gotten into EV's till they could have a adequate software solution. This is sub par at best, I could use stronger words to discribe how I feel but we got to keep it PG. LOL

If your charger software is connect to the Ford Pass, best to disconnect it so your account is not locked out.

Cheers!
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As a note of caution to all MachE owners, if you allow your charger software or any other third party software to connect to your Ford Pass, they will suspend your account. So this is not necessarily an issue if you have a key fob but if you use your phone as a key fob, you will be locked out of your account and driving the car could be very difficult to say the least. Apparently once you disconnect the third party device, it will take Ford 24-48 hrs to unlock your account (lightening speed)

So software issues are plentiful, update issues are hit and mis and now this. Ford needs to fix software, they should have not gotten into EV's till they could have a adequate software solution. This is sub par at best, I could use stronger words to discribe how I feel but we got to keep it PG. LOL

If your charger software is connect to the Ford Pass, best to disconnect it so your account is not locked out.

Cheers!
Not commenting on any aspect other than this has been brought up many times and there are a few other threads. I do not use any so I never concerned myself. My impression was Ford was allowing or had allowed some that were previously not permitted but obviously it remains an issue.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
Not commenting on any aspect other than this has been brought up many times and there are a few other threads. I do not use any so I never concerned myself. My impression was Ford was allowing or had allowed some that were previously not permitted but obviously it remains an issue.
This is a warning to all others. Software is such an importatn part of the equation, GM is having a huge issue as well. So it remains to be scene if Ford can get the engineers on staff to correct things and make it run smoothly. I saw the other threads after I posted this.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Are you saying that using PaaK is not allowed if you are running the Fordpass app on that phone? I mostly am using Android Auto in the car. I did get stuck at the store the last time I used Paak, is that the reason that happened?

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
Are you saying that using PaaK is not allowed if you are running the Fordpass app on that phone? I mostly am using Android Auto in the car. I did get stuck at the store the last time I used Paak, is that the reason that happened?
Nope, the suspended the account because my charger at home had access to my Ford Pass. If Ford decides to suspend your account when you are not in cell connection and you try to open and run your car without the key Fab, it could be a rough day. I am thankful they did not shut me down away from my home. At least I could get mad at them but still drive with my key Fab. I am thinking that using your phone as a key maybe a bad idea

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
So this was the Autel app? And you linked your vehicle so it would display the battery % in the Autel app? That will do it.
Yup, it seems that Autel has not gotten the authorization from Ford to be poking around. Apparently Autel was hitting the Ford servers a lot today, the customer service rep said today was a bad day and many Ford Pass clients got nuked today. It has made me concerned that I could be away from my home with just my cell phone and unable to drive because they locked the account.. Looks like I will have to go old school again with the key fab

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Nope, the suspended the account because my charger at home had access to my Ford Pass. If Ford decides to suspend your account when you are not in cell connection and you try to open and run your car without the key Fab, it could be a rough day. I am thankful they did not shut me down away from my home. At least I could get mad at them but still drive with my key Fab. I am thinking that using your phone as a key maybe a bad idea
Thank you, I'm not aware that my chargepoint charger is talking to fordpass, just to my home wifi and the chargepoint app on my phone.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
Thank you, I'm not aware that my chargepoint charger is talking to fordpass, just to my home wifi and the chargepoint app on my phone.
To clarify, Autel has an option to allow it to connect to the Ford Pass account, it allows the charger to get info on charge levels etc. So I allow it. Ford was not happy and this is what shut things down. It would be a good idea if the contact you before the shut down incase you are away with nothing more than a cell phone as your key. If you have not given Charge Point your log on, then no worries

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Interesting. I wonder if the Autel integration is abusing their API's by hitting them too frequently.

I use a Homeassistant FordPass integration to show my MME's SOC on a dashboard, and my Fordpass is still working fine (thankfully).

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I use a Homeassistant FordPass integration to show my MME's SOC on a dashboard, and my Fordpass is still working fine (thankfully).
Ideally you would create a separate Ford account for HA and others, if Ford blocks it your primary account still works. Not sure if this an option, Rivian makes every driver have an account so you just create an account for HA to use.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Ideally you would create a separate Ford account for HA and others, if Ford blocks it your primary account still works. Not sure if this an option, Rivian makes every driver have an account so you just create an account for HA to use.
That's a really good suggestion that hadn't even occurred to me. I would imagine it's possible.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Old news, unfortunately. Using any third party app which access your car’s data via your FordPass account credentials runs a high risk of getting your account banned. Electric Utility programs are a big offender. You’ll need to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the account unbanned.

CherryBomb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
To clarify, Autel has an option to allow it to connect to the Ford Pass account, it allows the charger to get info on charge levels etc. So I allow it. Ford was not happy and this is what shut things down. It would be a good idea if the contact you before the shut down incase you are away with nothing more than a cell phone as your key. If you have not given Charge Point your log on, then no worries
Personally, I see no reason why I would give my FordPass login information to a third party app.. I use a ChargePoint at home and have no need too link it to FordPass. I use the ChargePoint scheduling for avoiding peak times, otherwise it starts immediately when I plug in the car. The car controls the charging by shutting down when it hits specified limit for % charge based on location. I have second property and use a Grizzl-E because it is outside. The charging limit for it is also set in the car. I can monitor charging with FordPass or either charger app and it has worked flawlessly for 1-1/2 years. I also use Paak too.
Sponsored