gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
Does anyone else find this odd? My FordPass app on my iPhone 14 pro is "Bluetooth Connected". I can remotely start the car, open the windows, and do a variety of things instantly - because my phone (and thus FordPass app) is directly connected to the vehicle.

Yet strangely enough, things like charging, etc. are not updated. My car has been plugged-in for about 20 minutes, and this status still is not updated in the app.

As such, I can only deduce that the Mach-E only communicates this information via the cloud, and then syncs it with your FordPass app via a cell data link. So if your Mach-E is parked in an area with poor cell phone reception, this data may take a while to sync.

I just find it odd that Ford couldn't utilize the bluetooth connection to fully sync all of the information.
Sponsored

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Does anyone else find this odd? My FordPass app on my iPhone 14 pro is "Bluetooth Connected". I can remotely start the car, open the windows, and do a variety of things instantly - because my phone (and thus FordPass app) is directly connected to the vehicle.

Yet strangely enough, things like charging, etc. are not updated. My car has been plugged-in for about 20 minutes, and this status still is not updated in the app.

As such, I can only deduce that the Mach-E only communicates this information via the cloud, and then syncs it with your FordPass app via a cell data link. So if your Mach-E is parked in an area with poor cell phone reception, this data may take a while to sync.

I just find it odd that Ford couldn't utilize the bluetooth connection to fully sync all of the information.
This happened to me twice in the last month and a half. It usually happens while the car is charging and for hours after the car has finished charging. Eventually, the app started showing the updated battery level without me doing anything. It’s very strange.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I think the app reading data directly from the car is a feature that was taken out of ford pass across all Ford vehicles a while back. I could be mistaken, but I remember seeing something about that feature being removed on some talk on older cars that lost 3g connectivity.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
All that info only syncs to the cloud, it's not over Bluetooth. And yes if you're in an underground parking garage in Savannah, Georgia with zero cell service, you won't be able to see your charging status. ask me how I know, haha
Sponsored