Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mustang Cobra, 2007 Ford Freestyle
Occupation
ATM Deployer, free credit card processing
Country flag
When my wife and I went to pick up our MME the 'technology expert' at the dealership helped us to get everything set up before we left. Just about everything seemed to be working well. PaaK even was working flawlessly on both of our Samsung Galaxy Android phones. Then for whatever reason the FordPass app just stopped updating. It's now July 21 and the FordPass app is showing that the last update was on June 26 at 3 AM. The MME is connected to wifi while in the garage. So I first cleared the data from the app and then I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still showing June 26, 3AM. I did a master reset on the MME and then uninstalled and reinstalled the FordPass app. Still showing June 26, 3AM. Doing all of that had the added benefit of totally borking PaaK and now we can't get that set up again. I've done numerous combinations of master resets on the MME, clear app data, uninstalling/reinstalling the app and no matter what I do it stays stuck at June 26, 3AM. I have no idea what happened back then, but I can't seem to get past that point in time. I don't know if the problem is with the app, with the car or something going on with Ford's back end or some combination. Regardless, it's quite frustrating. The car is fun to drive and feels solid so far, but this software is total amateur hour which is disappointing coming from a company the size of Ford with the resources that they should have at their disposal.

As an aside, I went into the bezel diagnostics and there's not much there. The software version isn't there, the configuration status isn't there. Most everything else says waiting for diagnostic data and despite waiting and waiting, nothing ever updates or shows up. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions on how to remedy this would be appreciated.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass stuck Screenshot_20210704-200411_FordPass

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass stuck Screenshot_20210714-181636_FordPass

Screenshot_20210721-013116_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210721-013136_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210721-013154_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210721-013210_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210721-013224_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I would guess it's either a backend problem or a problem with the car. That is odd that the Bezel Diagnostics says waiting. Not sure if it's related or not but it is suspicious.

Your best bet is to call Ford Pass customer service and open a ticket. You could also contact your dealer and see if they have any service bulletins or anything they can see on the Ford backend

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Looks like the same issue I'm having. After a week at the dealership where they applied some new updates that were apparently supposed to fix exactly this problem, it's still not resolved.

According to the FordPass support people, the modem just isn't responding. For me, the problem started right around when I took it in for the PaaK update. But at this point I suspect they're going to have to replace the modem module.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I would be very hesitant to push for a modem module replacement. I believe the issue is with Ford's backend servers. Last week they had issues and showed a warning in the app. Now I can't get updates on my vehicle, I can't view my FordPass rewards points transaction (but I do see a total and I can see my vehicle), my charging status is 12 hours old. Last week I couldn't remote start, then earlier this week I could.

Modem doesn't work fine last week and now this week it doesn't. Their app, and their backend servers, are all screwed up IMO.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I am really thinking of starting a Fordpass Club.

First rule of FP club is no one talks about FP club.

The club moto will be " My car is a car, My phone is a phone, Bluetooth is for music."

Thinking ? I could merchandise this. Maybe a FP club key Fob case.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I knew in buying the Mach-E, based on my prior experience with a Ford Fusion Energi and MyFordMobile, that Ford is awful at the software side of things (apps, updating, etc.). I suspected that nothing had changed, and it seems I was right. However, for many reasons, including my belief that Ford bet the farm on EVs and will spend whatever they have to to scale up, having a dealer who has some pull (they recently had a team of engineers descend upon them to fix a broken Mach-E), and being able to drive to Dearborn if they offer to study the car, I went ahead anyway - and have a reservation on a Lightning.

That said, it's exactly the secondary reason (main reason is utility $500 rebate) that I'm buying a JuiceBox instead of the Ford charger. I want the charger to control my charging hours, because I know that Ford will likely screw it up.

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I would be very hesitant to push for a modem module replacement. I believe the issue is with Ford's backend servers. Last week they had issues and showed a warning in the app. Now I can't get updates on my vehicle, I can't view my FordPass rewards points transaction (but I do see a total and I can see my vehicle), my charging status is 12 hours old. Last week I couldn't remote start, then earlier this week I could.

Modem doesn't work fine last week and now this week it doesn't. Their app, and their backend servers, are all screwed up IMO.
Believe me, I'll be far happier if they figure out how to fix it via software instead of having to give up my car for another 1+ weeks. But mine has been offline since early June, FordPass support tells me the modem isn't responsive, and the service tech had multiple communications with Ford engineers as he waited for and then installed new updates. I expect to hear from him again next week, so fingers crossed.
Sponsored