FORScan error | Unable to identify the vehicle

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Gotcha, thanks for the reply. I really was just curious, as I’ve never found the back up sound to be particularly loud or annoying. Also, I have young children and anything that prevents a tragedy from happening is OK in my book. I’ve noticed that our brand new ICE vehicle also makes a back up noise.
That's interesting, I had never heard of a non-Hybrid vehicle with a backup speaker. I get where you're coming from, everyone's situation is different.
Sponsored

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Disabling safety systems is dumb. Bragging about it on social media is dumber.

Dumb. And dumber.

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
That's interesting, I had never heard of a non-Hybrid vehicle with a backup speaker. I get where you're coming from, everyone's situation is different.
It's a Mazda CX-90, non PHEV - technically a MHEV - so perhaps that's why. And, since there's a PHEV in the lineup they may have just left the feature enabled on both models.

Reactions: SWO

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Has anyone else run into this issue? This is the first time I’ve used FORScan and everything I try to connect, I get an error saying that it’s not able to identify the vehicle.

I’m using a recommended OBD adapter that is listing on the FORScan site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

IMG_4717.jpeg
Not sure if you figured this out with FORScan already but your PCM part # should be PK48-14F476-FA or you can just type PK48FA. I don't have your VIN so I can't check for sure. It is possible that Ford just has updated these #'s when doing software updates and FORScan doesn't recognize it. FORScan uses Ford's database to get this information and sometimes the information comes out AFTER the updates or even sometimes hardware is released.

OP
OP
FrankieD

FrankieD

First Name
Mayur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Not sure if you figured this out with FORScan already but your PCM part # should be PK48-14F476-FA or you can just type PK48FA. I don't have your VIN so I can't check for sure. It is possible that Ford just has updated these #'s when doing software updates and FORScan doesn't recognize it. FORScan uses Ford's database to get this information and sometimes the information comes out AFTER the updates or even sometimes hardware is released.
I did get this taken care of. I emailed Forscan and they added me to the database and sent me a new .exe

Thanks for letting me though. If I have a similar issue I will reference this

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I did get this taken care of. I emailed Forscan and they added me to the database and sent me a new .exe

Thanks for letting me though. If I have a similar issue I will reference this
For future reference the PCM part numbers are in your as built file you can get from motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt at 7D0 F188

AnonymousByDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mustang MachE Premium EXT w/ Night Pony
I'd be happy just reducing the volume of the backup beep by 30%-50%. I don't want to disable it but it's very loud. I believe from what I've read the speaker assembly isn't hard to access from the back of the car, I just wonder if there's an easy way to attenuate the signal to reduce the volume.

I've only seen aftermarket gadgets which entirely kill the sound.
Sponsored