yag219

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I'm sorry... WEATHER is preventing an OTA from coming through??

Please for heaven sake take it to a dealership that knows ANYTHING about how things work... OMG.

And take it to a dealer that will listen to you and read the TSB... gotta push them hard sometimes
Yep, I am learning this the hard way, I also called them out on the weather part, sounds like a joke to me. Don't plan on going back here if it continues this way
Sponsored

AaronForceOne

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 ER AWD
Country flag
Purchased 23 MME CR1 in Feb 23. Started getting error messages intermittently in April/May, brought to dealer in June 23, replaced camera module. Still had issues, brought back in July 23, replaced coax and ipma. Picked up in Aug. No issues until Jan 2, 2024. It concerns me more now that error messages don't show up, it just doesn't do hands free or lane keeping. Will still do advanced cruise control. I can get the camera fault error message to show, but only after going into the menu to turn off advanced cruise control and then turning it back on. Then I immediately get the error message. But that is the only time it shows. It used to show constantly. Idk what is worse, getting the error message all the time or not getting it at all. Either way blue cruise isn't working again. It's a shame since I love this car so much.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wish I had seen this before. I am about 4k miles out of warranty and have intermittent camera errors. It wasn't bad enough for me to deal with my shitty dealer but I passed 36k miles without realizing it.

ToddH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD X Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've had similar problems and have paid to have it fixed with new hardware. It still didn't work properly. My warranty had expired because I had over 36k miles. So I received the December message of pay $600 for 3 years (or other payment options) of Blue Cruise or they shut it off. It's shut off. Since Blue Cruise has never worked properly I'm not paying. My adaptive cruise control and lane centering work better w/o bc. When I go on a long trip, I'll activate it for one month and while it's active see if they can finally get it to be a safe lvl 2 feature. For now, it's not. It has suddenly turned off all driver assistance features when in hands' free mode without warning leaving me in a reactive state to keep the car and occupants safe as well as drivers near me. If it hits a bump, sometimes that will cause it to turn off. This is not a front camera fault although I used to get that message. The repair apparently fixed that problem. But not the shut down problem.

Right now, I'm not happy with Ford. My dealer is ok. I've contacted Ford Customer Care but no results. They just refer me to the dealer and the dealer is at a loss for a fix, particularly with bc turned off.

I thought we had bc free for 3 years as an early adopter (March 3, 2021). I did some digging and it was for one year and I finally got bc in April 2022. So I got about 20 months free. I also had 13 months w/o bc.

Months of promises of software updates to improve bc and it still is a mess.

I don't care if it's hardware or software, whether it's under warranty or not, I should have had a safe product. BC on my car is not safe. I won't consider a longer subscription at any price until I can be assured it's fixed.

TallNate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
So far so good here. I had TSB 23-2155 completed on November 8 with the new coax wiring, and now after 30 days have not seen the errors once. Was previously getting the 2 alternating error messages a couple of times per month. (2021 First Edition)
Update - no errors in 65 days since I got the new coax. Glad this TSB finally came out, which seemed to take forever.

Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hi. Two days ago I picked up my Mach at the dealership since they were applying it in TSB 23-2155. Those who have seen the newsletter know that if the vehicle only indicates that the DTC U3000:49 stored in the IPMA, the remedy it gives is to reset the IPMA without having to change any cable. Someone from the thread has the TSB been applied in this way and the problem has been solved without having to change cables?

stephywephy88

First Name
Stephywephy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hi. Two days ago I picked up my Mach at the dealership since they were applying it in TSB 23-2155. Those who have seen the newsletter know that if the vehicle only indicates that the DTC U3000:49 stored in the IPMA, the remedy it gives is to reset the IPMA without having to change any cable. Someone from the thread has the TSB been applied in this way and the problem has been solved without having to change cables?
I can say for me, no. I had that diagnostic code and they reset IPMA (twice actually) then the diagnostic code changed to the other one and I needed to bring it back in for cable replacement. Has been good ever since. So if you get more dashboard errors, your diagnostic code may have changed like mine did (I got printouts of both codes to compare them). On the other hand, maybe luck will be on your side!

Silver Pony

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 premium mach e with extended battery and AWD
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
My local Ford replaced the impa module and the front camera and then updated the software on 2/14/2024. As of today, 2/22/2024, the car is functioning properly.

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
So frustrated right now... my bumper-to-bumper warranty recently expired and had this issue supposedly fixed in September 2023 at AutoNation Ford Frisco. Recently got this error popping up again after another dealer (Five Star Ford Dallas) completed the HVJB recall. Turns out they said I need to replace the Image Processing Module AGAIN... but this time without having the warranty in place the repair would cost about $3600 before tax. They apparently submitted it to Ford for assistance, just got their response they will pay for a portion of the repair but I'd still have to pay $1,057.38

Details:
VERIFIED CUSTOMER CONCERN FRONT CAMERA FAULT SERVICE REQUIRED. SCANNED CODES RETRIEVED CODE U3000:89 CAMERA MODULE GENERAL ELECTRICAL FAULT. CHECKED TSB'S AVAILABLE FOUND TSB 23-2155 STATING PROBLEM WITH IPMA, FRONT CAMERA, AND COAX CABLE TO IPMA FROM. WILL NEED TO LOWER HEADLINER, RUN NEW COAX CABLE FROM IMAGE PROCESSING MODULE TO VISION ASSIST CAMERA, AND REPLACE CAMERA

Five Star Ford Dallas apparently can't do service part warranty since AutoNation apparently didn't follow TSB 23-2155 which came out in May 19, 2023... so basically pointing fingers and my car has been unavailable for a couple more weeks.

@Ford Motor Company anything that you can do to help?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So frustrated right now... my bumper-to-bumper warranty recently expired and had this issue supposedly fixed in September 2023 at AutoNation Ford Frisco. Recently got this error popping up again after another dealer (Five Star Ford Dallas) completed the HVJB recall. Turns out they said I need to replace the Image Processing Module AGAIN... but this time without having the warranty in place the repair would cost about $3600 before tax. They apparently submitted it to Ford for assistance, just got their response they will pay for a portion of the repair but I'd still have to pay $1,057.38

Details:
VERIFIED CUSTOMER CONCERN FRONT CAMERA FAULT SERVICE REQUIRED. SCANNED CODES RETRIEVED CODE U3000:89 CAMERA MODULE GENERAL ELECTRICAL FAULT. CHECKED TSB'S AVAILABLE FOUND TSB 23-2155 STATING PROBLEM WITH IPMA, FRONT CAMERA, AND COAX CABLE TO IPMA FROM. WILL NEED TO LOWER HEADLINER, RUN NEW COAX CABLE FROM IMAGE PROCESSING MODULE TO VISION ASSIST CAMERA, AND REPLACE CAMERA

Five Star Ford Dallas apparently can't do service part warranty since AutoNation apparently didn't follow TSB 23-2155 which came out in May 19, 2023... so basically pointing fingers and my car has been unavailable for a couple more weeks.

@Ford Motor Company anything that you can do to help?
I'd check the connection and A pillar for the bend before paying that

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I'd check the connection and A pillar for the bend before paying that
I had mine blink up error message again (36k miles), and this time I did not even take down the camera cover, I just gave it a good whack while driving to re-seat the connector (and out of frustration), and it corrected itself.
Sponsored