mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Personally Iike how the Sto-n-Sho plate looks. I think it looks a lot better than a vinyl sticker, which will eventually get torn up with road debris. I put a cover over my front plate and it is already cracked with a rock ding.

Because it is low, you do have to be careful when pulling up to a curb. I barely scraped this one but the bracket is still fine.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate holder 20220729_143139

I feel like if you are hitting curbs with the license plate, you will eventually hit a curb with your lower bumper. It is just a matter of time.
Sponsored

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Personally Iike how the Sto-n-Sho plate looks. I think it looks a lot better than a vinyl sticker, which will eventually get torn up with road debris. I put a cover over my front plate and it is already cracked with a rock ding.

Because it is low, you do have to be careful when pulling up to a curb. I barely scraped this one but the bracket is still fine.

I feel like if you are hitting curbs with the license plate, you will eventually hit a curb with your lower bumper. It is just a matter of time.
I absolutely agree 100%, the Sto-N-Go looks much better. I liked how it looked on my car. After I about ripped it off on a road trip, I felt it was not for me. It is too low and I cannot seem to stay away from parking stops. I hope to not hit my bumper on the parking stops, but you may be correct, it may happen. Mike you are a better driver than me, I hit it twice.

I am going to put PPF over the vinyl plate to prevent as much of the road dings as possible. I will let you know ,in a few months, how successful this is. If it looks bad after a few months or years, I can elect to get another one or just put back the Craigs bracket with the aluminum plate.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I absolutely agree 100%, the Sto-N-Go looks much better. I liked how it looked on my car. After I about ripped it off on a road trip, I felt it was not for me. It is too low and I cannot seem to stay away from parking stops. I hope to not hit my bumper on the parking stops, but you may be correct, it may happen. Mike you are a better driver than me, I hit it twice.

I am going to put PPF over the vinyl plate to prevent as much of the road dings as possible. I will let you know ,in a few months, how successful this is. If it looks bad after a few months or years, I can elect to get another one or just put back the Craigs bracket with the aluminum plate.
One good thing about the license plate being lower than the bumper: since it will hit first, it may prevent you from hitting with the bumper. If you are going slow enough to stop in time, of course. You hear the plate hitting and slam on the brakes. So it may reduce the chance of messing up the bumper.

That's my theory, and I am sticking with it. 😁

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have (I thought it would be nice to cover the holes even though I have the plate on). Sadly the place that specializes in those plugs with matched paint colors doesn't have my IBSM paint color, and having it custom made would cost something stupid like $150 (I don't recall the exact number, but it was over $100). When I asked if they would sell me unpainted plugs so I could use my own paint (I already have touchup paint), they said to buy black plugs (at full non-custom price). I decided screw it - it's not worth worrying about...
@JohnFoxeSheets I was looking on AOSK's new website ( EV Vida) and saw that they have license plate plugs. I saw iconic silver, not sure if that is your color.

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
4) Risk it
This has been my approach. Front plates are required in Idaho but I have been without for 6 months and have not been bothered. I see a lot of Tesla's and newer cars without.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This has been my approach. Front plates are required in Idaho but I have been without for 6 months and have not been bothered. I see a lot of Tesla's and newer cars without.
If you get the Sto-n-Sho, you can remove the plate and put it in your car. The when law enforcement pulls you over you can explain that you have the plate in the car and then put it back on. Maybe they will let it go and just give you a speeding ticket. Because you know the real reason they pulled you over....

Jay_in_Austin

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you are not having the dealer install the license plate holder, be aware that the three plastic rivets that come with the holder need a special tool for installation. They are large plastic pop rivets and cannot be installed with a regular pop rivet tool.

OP
OP

carinquiryad

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
If you are not having the dealer install the license plate holder, be aware that the three plastic rivets that come with the holder need a special tool for installation. They are large plastic pop rivets and cannot be installed with a regular pop rivet tool.
I bought the car from a dealer in FL (no front license plate requirement). The car did not even have a front license plate bracket when I received it. They have mailed one to me.

If I go the route of mounting the front license plate, looks like getting it installed is going to cost extra to get the holes drilled and this thing mounted.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Did you have any issues with the sensors? What year and trim of rhe mach e do you have? Thank you for your kind help.
When I got the first set it would throw all kind of curves to my camera system.......I called sto n go and they redesigned the mounting bracket and no problems with the system now

Edw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Sto n Sho one is nice
Sponsored