Front Plate Mount Delete

Sin_Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Afternoon All,

Has any requested their dealer does NOT fit the front plate mount or since removed it to attach a front plate direct to bumper?

My Mach-E is now at the dealer awaiting PDI and the front plate mount is not yet affixed (The rear is, which is fine).

I am considering asking the dealer not to use the front mount and direct affix the plate with double sided 3M for now. I anticipate I will end up using a legal, although cut down to size, plate which will not work all so well aesthetically on the front plate mount. Would be nice to see the affixment, proportions and overall look of a UK front plate without the mount and opt to add it later if desired. Rather than having to remove and fill/cover drill holes after removal.

I am perhaps also considering a mounting option to square off the plate angle against the angled bumper without the additional bulk and surround of the OEM UK/EU front mount.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mustangguy64

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not a good photo but..
PXL_20210914_150937254.PORTRAIT.jpg

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I'm in the US, but live in a mandatory front plate state. My dealer has agreed not to install it on my car, for what its worth. I told him I would assume all risk and that was enough. Earlier in deliveries, the brackets were coming installed from the factory if you lived in an area that requires them. This is no longer the case

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Every time I contact my dealer, I remind them to put away their drill when PDI-ing my car and to not drill my bumper. They have allegedly noted this in their notes about the car. I'm hoping to catch them right when the car is arriving at the dealer to remind them again, but I just don't trust them.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Every time I contact my dealer, I remind them to put away their drill when PDI-ing my car and to not drill my bumper. They have allegedly noted this in their notes about the car. I'm hoping to catch them right when the car is arriving at the dealer to remind them again, but I just don't trust them.
As you can see from my new profile pic, the dealer did indeed listen and they didn't put holes in my bumper (YAY!)

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I told the dealer. Dont drill nothing in the front. My car is a ways out. They know me so they wont. My state, NJ, requires a front plate. I am researching alternatives. I found a company that will do you plate as a "decal", same size, color, everything to duplicate the look of a plate. I am waiting for a price, I am doing it for my wifes RR we just got. I Did not want drill holes in the nose of that either. ?
Sponsored