TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Yeah I like BlueCruise but it definitely hugs the right side of the lane. Even after trying to “correct” it by holding the wheel a bit to the left it just goes right back to the right side.

I've only used BC a couple of times on one stretch of the same hisar and have not noticed that it hugs either side. Mine seems pretty centered to me 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It's kind of embarrassing when Ford and Mach E enthusiasts draw some sort of equivalency between FSD and BC. FSD is better. A LOT better. It also costs Twelve Thousand Dollars, most typically tacked onto the purchase of an overpriced androgynous-people-mover-blob of a "car" like the M3 or MY.

If a Tesla owner chooses to make those sacrifices, it is mean to not at least give them credit for having way better driving automation. The correct retort is: "Yup, Full Self Driving is way better. You paid a lot more money for an ugly car just for the privilege of not having to drive it."

You are also allowed to laugh and roll your eyes when they start talking about how they'll soon be able to "monetize" their car as a robo-taxi. You can even make a sarcastic "yeah, that's coming any day now" comment. But please, on behalf of the Mach E Community, don't bring BlueCruise into the conversation.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
It's kind of embarrassing when Ford and Mach E enthusiasts draw some sort of equivalency between FSD and BC. FSD is better. A LOT better. It also costs Twelve Thousand Dollars, most typically tacked onto the purchase of an overpriced androgynous-people-mover-blob of a "car" like the M3 or MY.

If a Tesla owner chooses to make those sacrifices, it is mean to not at least give them credit for having way better driving automation. The correct retort is: "Yup, Full Self Driving is way better. You paid a lot more money for an ugly car just for the privilege of not having to drive it."

You are also allowed to laugh and roll your eyes when they start talking about how they'll soon be able to "monetize" their car as a robo-taxi. You can even make a sarcastic "yeah, that's coming any day now" comment. But please, on behalf of the Mach E Community, don't bring BlueCruise into the conversation.
The thing is FSD is very cool and very capable. But despite being called "Full Self Driving" that is not AT ALL what it is. It has a very, very long way to go before it lives up to that name.

Now... Tesla's included traffic aware cruise control and autosteer on the highway.. That is more or less a BC competitor. And TBH, having used both, I think BC is better. Less twitchy, more stable, and it actually lets you take control gracefully, rather than having an arm wrestling match

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Now... Tesla's included traffic aware cruise control and autosteer on the highway.. That is more or less a BC competitor. And TBH, having used both, I think BC is better. Less twitchy, more stable, and it actually lets you take control gracefully, rather than having an arm wrestling match
Yeah, the Ford system is a lot more subtle with smoother transitions between manual control and driver assistance, especially when changing lanes. Autopilot had a prettier graphical interface, but overall I think CoPilot360 (if it’s still called that) offers a more robust set of features.
Sponsored