Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE, 2007 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've driven pretty ordinary cars and colors for most of my adult life. I figured a bright orange EV would be a bit more unique...but apparently I was wrong!

I usually get to work between 5 and 5:30AM, but even then our small front lot is usually already full. This day (mid-March, I think, a few months after I got my car) it was early enough that I figured I'd risk it. Pull up to the guard shack and am showing my ID.

The guard has a very confused look on his face, and as he scans my badge, he asks, "...Weren't you just here?"

Now I'm confused, too. "No...?" I say, hesitation in my voice.

He pauses for a good five seconds, then follows up with, "...Are you sure?"

It's very early and I haven't finished my coffee yet, but I'm pretty sure I'd remember if I drove in, then out, then back in again. I frown and say, "Pretty sure, yeah."

He shakes his head and waves me through.

As I'm wondering what the heck that was all about, I pull into the parking lot...to find another Cyber Orange Mach-E GT already parked!

Suddenly the guard's confusion makes sense. A glitch-in-the-Matrix moment for sure!

What are the chances of there being two identical orange Mach-E GTs at the same work location?! At that point I think there were less than 40,000 Mach-Es sold nationwide!

Still chuckle whenever I think of that encounter.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The first Cyber Orange MME I ever saw was MachNCheese owned by @scoopman so every time I see that color on an MME I always think of Andy. Of course there was the one day there was a blueberry sandwich with Cyber Orange buns. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

ACD66414-4277-402E-B36E-28CCC1370264.jpeg

A73C232F-25E5-405F-948C-DF43B4A1DB94.jpeg

romanservices

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE, FJ Cruiser, F150 EcoBoost, F-53
Country flag
I've driven pretty ordinary cars and colors for most of my adult life. I figured a bright orange EV would be a bit more unique...but apparently I was wrong!

I usually get to work between 5 and 5:30AM, but even then our small front lot is usually already full. This day (mid-March, I think, a few months after I got my car) it was early enough that I figured I'd risk it. Pull up to the guard shack and am showing my ID.

The guard has a very confused look on his face, and as he scans my badge, he asks, "...Weren't you just here?"

Now I'm confused, too. "No...?" I say, hesitation in my voice.

He pauses for a good five seconds, then follows up with, "...Are you sure?"

It's very early and I haven't finished my coffee yet, but I'm pretty sure I'd remember if I drove in, then out, then back in again. I frown and say, "Pretty sure, yeah."

He shakes his head and waves me through.

As I'm wondering what the heck that was all about, I pull into the parking lot...to find another Cyber Orange Mach-E GT already parked!

Suddenly the guard's confusion makes sense. A Matrix double-cat moment for sure!

What are the chances of there being two identical orange Mach-E GTs at the same work location?! At that point I think there were less than 40,000 Mach-Es sold nationwide!

Still chuckle whenever I think of that encounter.
My wife also parks in a similar location as you described, not too long ago she came home talking of a twin cyber orange MME.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Last year returned to my car in the dark parking lot but it wouldnā€™t open. I told my wife paak ainā€™t working.
She said eyesight ainā€™t working thatā€™s a grey Mach E (mines blue)

Last edited:

OP
OP
MadManMoon

MadManMoon

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My wife also parks in a similar location as you described, not too long ago she came home talking of a twin cyber orange MME.
The twin is also driven by a chubby bearded white dude (I've seen him driving in, but can never catch him to say hello!)...which I'm sure added to the poor guard's confusion! :)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The twin is also driven by a chubby bearded white dude (I've seen him driving in, but can never catch him to say hello!)...which I'm sure added to the poor guard's confusion! :)
I guess there is no confusing a black Poodle driving, so I probably wonā€™t confuse any guards. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

Ford Mustang Mach-E Funny Moment at Work 90ED0578-F622-4379-92AD-3B2DC576CA80

romanservices

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE, FJ Cruiser, F150 EcoBoost, F-53
Country flag
Being you are in MD as well I thought it may be the same work place. Last I checked she's not a chubby bearded white guy, I am but she's definitely not.

OP
OP
MadManMoon

MadManMoon

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So my Car Twinā„¢ still works where I work, and every few weeks I'll have a gate guard ask me, "Coming back again, huh?" which usually means he went in a few minutes before me. But now...we have a new challenger!

Another local Ford dealer had a '23 GTPE in Cyber Orange sit unsold for many, many months. The last price I saw listed was $62,999 (sticker of $69K and change). About two weeks ago, it disappeared from their site. Yay, sold!

As I'm leaving the parking lot this afternoon, what do I see? A '23 GTPE in Cyber Orange with that dealership's sticker on the tailgate.

So now there are three of us. Sigh.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So my Car Twinā„¢ still works where I work, and every few weeks I'll have a gate guard ask me, "Coming back again, huh?" which usually means he went in a few minutes before me. But now...we have a new challenger!

Another local Ford dealer had a '23 GTPE in Cyber Orange sit unsold for many, many months. The last price I saw listed was $62,999 (sticker of $69K and change). About two weeks ago, it disappeared from their site. Yay, sold!

As I'm leaving the parking lot this afternoon, what do I see? A '23 GTPE in Cyber Orange with that dealership's sticker on the tailgate.

So now there are three of us. Sigh.
So what the heck kind of place do you work that attracts MMEs like flies? Gotta be a case of great minds think alike.

EagleDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I came out of a store to find a suitcase behind my rapid red Mach E and a guy standing next to the driver door talking on his cell.

I asked him if he was at the wrong car, and his jaw dropped and he had a very confused look. He was on the phone with Ford trying to figure out why the trunk kick wasn't working, his PAAK did not work, and his door code was not working. He looked exasperated.

I saw another rapid red Mach E several parking spots away and pointed him towards it...

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
OP works for Magna? :cool:

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
So what the heck kind of place do you work that attracts MMEs like flies? Gotta be a case of great minds think alike.
In my case I think it would be the maxim ā€œfools seldom differā€ which would applyšŸ˜
Sponsored