Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
I am just curious. I saw a YouTube video that showed how horrible it is to just get into the fusebox of the ME?!

Is it true?

Here's hoping I don't have to get into that any time soon.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There are a couple of fuse boxes. The most commonly accessed fuses are in the passenger footwell, below the glove box. There is another fuse box under the left side frunk beauty panel. All three beauty panels need to come out and the frunk tub needs to be removed in order to access it. This one is a pain. 😱🐩

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The inside one is pretty easy to access under the passenger footwell, but the underhood one does require the removal of the frunk tub.

Normally you shouldn't ever need to access the fuse panel, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The inside one is pretty easy to access under the passenger footwell, but the underhood one does require the removal of the frunk tub.

Normally you shouldn't ever need to access the fuse panel, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Ha-ha! I tend to get into every nook and cranny of my cars. Prior to my MME I bought two new cars. Both of them received engine transplants before they were a year old (bye-bye powertrain warranties!). I’ve also pretty much dismantled and reassembled all of the used cars I’ve ever owned. I have a disorder. 🤪🐩

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ha-ha! I tend to get into every nook and cranny of my cars. Prior to my MME I bought two new cars. Both of them received engine transplants before they were a year old (bye-bye powertrain warranties!). I’ve also pretty much dismantled and reassembled all of the used cars I’ve ever owned. I have a disorder. 🤪🐩
Good job. I have to remind myself not to f*** with things unless they need it. When I was about 4 years old I was left unsupervised and completely disassembled my mom's Singer sewing machine. If there was a screw, I unscrewed it. She was horrified when she came back. Tons of small parts and we couldn't put it back together. So it all went in a closet and she had to get a new one. Later when I was in college, I found it in the closet, looked at all the parts, and put it back together. It worked good as new! That was a challenge to figure out and remember where things went from 15 years ago, but I got every single little screw back where it belongs. Now I take better notes. 😄

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Good job. I have to remind myself not to f*** with things unless they need it. When I was about 4 years old I was left unsupervised and completely disassembled my mom's Singer sewing machine. If there was a screw, I unscrewed it. She was horrified when she came back. Tons of small parts and we couldn't put it back together. So it all went in a closet and she had to get a new one. Later when I was in college, I found it in the closet, looked at all the parts, and put it back together. It worked good as new! That was a challenge to figure out and remember where things went from 15 years ago, but I got every single little screw back where it belongs. Now I take better notes. 😄

totally LOL....

My defining moment was when one of my Dad's friends let me 'take a look at his watch'.... it was one of those pre-digital watches with the clear crystal so you could see the gears ticking... I disappeared while they were Partying, and 20 minutes later I had that sucker in 100 pieces on my desk with jewelers screwdriver set I got for christmas. I was 8.

happy ending was my dad was good enough mechanic (toolmaker) to put it back together the next day. I still remember apologizing to 'Ed' about that. I suspect he was barely holding back laughing, but it was serious at the time.

Fast forward to the Mach-e
first mod I did was to cut holes in the beauty panel so I could get to the 12v connection points.
Then, cut a third to get to the HV disconnect. ;)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My dad used to let me key locks for him starting when I was about 4. Springs, tumblers, cylinders, followers, all sorts of other parts. The TV (with tubes in it) fascinated me. I remember going to the store to buy tubes for it and replacing them. I felt like a real big man. 🤣🐩
Sponsored