Glass Roof and Windshield Recall (too early)

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
They are doing to wind noise mitigation today, which I believe involves weather stripping. hopefully they have also fixed the front dashboard panels and realigned my windshield wipers. they are also supposed to be replacing a module that they were told would fix the stuck over the air update issue, but I am very skeptical. hope to get the car back tomorrow!
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
New issue I just discovered following the recall work. A day or two after I got it back I went to use my front windshield washer sprayer. I little came out then it appeared to be bone dry. I didn't think anything of it (although I rarely ever use the washer fluid). I refilled the washer fluid yesterday, and went to test both the front and the back. Nothing came out of either, although I could hear the pump and liquid flowing. I get out to look in the back of the car and there was no liquid, then I opened the rear hatch and found washer fluid leaking out of left side vent. Then I check under the car and found a puddle of washer fluid under the front hood.

Looks like the people working on the recall also failed to reconnect the washer fluid lines they had disconnected. Based on the VERY obvious seat belt issue they also caused (here), I can't say I'm surprised by this. Sad state of affairs they are so careless with their work. I could probably fix the issue myself, but I'd rather have the dealer do it, that way the can make sure they didn't screw something else up that I'm unaware of ?.

If I could do it all over again, I probably would have waited or skipped this recall all together. My car was perfectly fine up until I had this work done, now my new car has issues caused by the "professionals". Going forward I'll be much more cautious.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
New issue I just discovered following the recall work. A day or two after I got it back I went to use my front windshield washer sprayer. I little came out then it appeared to be bone dry. I didn't think anything of it (although I rarely ever use the washer fluid). I refilled the washer fluid yesterday, and went to test both the front and the back. Nothing came out of either, although I could hear the pump and liquid flowing. I get out to look in the back of the car and there was no liquid, then I opened the rear hatch and found washer fluid leaking out of left side vent. Then I check under the e shop for car and found a puddle of washer fluid under the front hood.

Looks like the people working on the recall also failed to reconnect the washer fluid lines they had disconnected. Based on the VERY obvious seat belt issue they also caused (here), I can't say I'm surprised by this. Sad state of affairs they are so careless with their work. I could probably fix the issue myself, but I'd rather have the dealer do it, that way the can make sure they didn't screw something else up that I'm unaware of ?.

If I could do it all over again, I probably would have waited or skipped this recall all together. My car was perfectly fine up until I had this work done, now my new car has issues caused by the "professionals". Going forward I'll be much more cautious.
I had my recalls done in January and the car sat in the dealer shop for 3 weeks because the windshield cracked while removing and they had to wait for a replacement. After 3 weeks i picked up the car and noticed the windshield wiper fluid was not coming out - another two weeks to schedule another appointment - same experience as you - puddle on the floor but nothing spraying. I also guessed they messed with this while removing the windshield and never fixed it again. The service dept said the hose was disconnected/came loose and had to be reconnected.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had my recalls done in January and the car sat in the dealer shop for 3 weeks because the windshield cracked while removing and they had to wait for a replacement. After 3 weeks i picked up the car and noticed the windshield wiper fluid was not coming out - another two weeks to schedule another appointment - same experience as you - puddle on the floor but nothing spraying. I also guessed they messed with this while removing the windshield and never fixed it again. The service dept said the hose was disconnected/came loose and had to be reconnected.
Sorry to hear that, it is quite annoying to deal with these types of issues unnecessarily. After watching them fix it, the front hose is easy access. With a tool to pry off the top most panel, under the hood and just below the windshield you'll find the hose. The one in the back was also easy access, but I can only say that now, knowing exactly where it is.

After getting that fixed, I found 2 other panels right next to the rear driver and passenger side seats. The clips on those panels were bent/broken. When I folded the seats down one of the panels just fell off completely since it wasn't clipped in properly. The other side is quite lose which means it is also damaged as well. I reached out to the service department and requested replacements. Still waiting for an update ? .

I recommend everyone check these panels as well to ensure they aren't broken.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Glass Roof and Windshield Recall (too early) PXL_20220315_210518330 - Copy

Ford Mustang Mach-E Glass Roof and Windshield Recall (too early) PXL_20220315_210419288 - Copy

Ford Mustang Mach-E Glass Roof and Windshield Recall (too early) PXL_20220315_210339229 - Copy

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
Dropped off my early job1 for a windshield and pano reseal. Work order showed that my windshield was due for a replacement due to a faulty part. The tech asked me for the part# when I booked the service, which was one of the ws’ with the heater wiring flaw.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Dropped off my early job1 for a windshield and pano reseal. Work order showed that my windshield was due for a replacement due to a faulty part. The tech asked me for the part# when I booked the service, which was one of the ws’ with the heater wiring flaw.
I think my screen was replaced to due to the wiring flaw as with the original, when demisting there was a slightly thicker element at vertical mid centre which never de-misted along that wire. Now with the new screen the thicker wiring element is not there and the whole screen demists perfectly. :)

ComputeAllTheThings

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
I recommend everyone check these panels as well to ensure they aren't broken.
I just got my car back from the recall service, and yep. Mine are both loose, and one is broken. I can add that to list that I just sent the service dept manager: Missing EZ-Pass transponder, some sort of goo or tape residue on the inside of the windshield between one of the sensors and the glass, several of the panels in the front trunk weren't attached properly, 5 missing clips in that area, 2 broken tabs, and 1 extra washer just on the floor in the back seat -- no idea where it came from. On top of that, the software patches they applied still haven't fixed the fact that OTA updates haven't worked since October.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just got my car back from the recall service, and yep. Mine are both loose, and one is broken. I can add that to list that I just sent the service dept manager: Missing EZ-Pass transponder, some sort of goo or tape residue on the inside of the windshield between one of the sensors and the glass, several of the panels in the front trunk weren't attached properly, 5 missing clips in that area, 2 broken tabs, and 1 extra washer just on the floor in the back seat -- no idea where it came from. On top of that, the software patches they applied still haven't fixed the fact that OTA updates haven't worked since October.
I'll be thinking long and hard before taking my car in for anything in the future. My experience was a not so subtle reminder of why I hesitated bringing it in for the recall in the first place. It's pretty sad that you bring your new car to be worked on by the "pros", only to get it back worse off then before.

Lessoned learned.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
What dealership was this?

ComputeAllTheThings

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
What dealership was this?
I originally wasn't going to post that because one of the managers coordinated to get it all corrected... Dropped it off a couple weeks later, and picked it up in two more days. Blue cruise now works, but... There were new dark greasy fingerprints on the headliner, the rain sensor still has film/dirt between it and the inside of the glass, one of the screws affixing the mirror was completely loose, and still two clips are missing from the front trunk area.. on top of that I noticed that the other Mach Es on the lot had 7500 in ADM.
I'm done with Century Ford of Mt Airy. Going to find another dealership for all future service and purchases.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
I originally wasn't going to post that because one of the managers coordinated to get it all corrected... Dropped it off a couple weeks later, and picked it up in two more days. Blue cruise now works, but... There were new dark greasy fingerprints on the headliner, the rain sensor still has film/dirt between it and the inside of the glass, one of the screws affixing the mirror was completely loose, and still two clips are missing from the front trunk area.. on top of that I noticed that the other Mach Es on the lot had 7500 in ADM.
I'm done with Century Ford of Mt Airy. Going to find another dealership for all future service and purchases.
Sorry for that. Happy to report Bob Davidson Ford in Parkville, MD did an excellent job - dropped car off last Monday evening and picked it up Thursday afternoon (very glad to get back into my MME and out of their Explorer!). Although I had no major complaints about the car going in, the recall work by all appearances went well - I checked all the things the Forum has advised to check and all seemed to work well. Perhaps less wind noise at highway speeds. Software updated, PaaK does seem a little more consistent. Did the 10K service, which is basically rotating tires, for $65, paid by Ford Rewards. My only continued complaint @fordmotorcompany is that the easy exit feature still does not full return the driver seat to the memory pre-set at least half the time, and the "this trip" computer also does not reset mileage at least half the time. Those are bugs I really would have thought would have been fixed by now.

a dubb

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
We took ours in on Saturday to AutoNation Ford in Scottsdale, AZ for this recall.
I told the service rep that I want to be sure they know not to remove the roof as I have heard that some dealerships have been confused. He was adamant that the roof DOES get removed.
I told him I have seen the detailed repair instructions and that he is wrong. He said he has read them and he is positive the roof gets removed to be resealed. I told him I would send him the exact details that prove he is wrong.
So I found the pdf file with the very detailed and illustrated instructions on here and sent it to him in an email on Saturday evening. I did not hear back from him by Monday afternoon, so I called and left a message for him to call me back to discuss.
He called Tuesday afternoon to tell me, "Bad news, the glass shop does not have another roof so it will be delayed." I asked if he had seen my email that clearly explains the roof does NOT get removed. He had not seen it and couldn't find it so I sent it again while we were still on the phone.
He started reading it and was STILL convinced the roof gets removed! OMG!!! I told him I do not want AutoNation to touch my car and that he was an f-ing moron! He hung up on me, which I pretty much expected at that point.
They had it prepped for the glass people, so they have to put it back together before I can pick it up.
I did not realize the repair was going to take a couple of days, and they did not tell us that when we made the appointment a week ahead of time. When I asked about a loaner they said they don't do that. I had not noticed at that time that the Ford recall was supposed to include 2 days of a rental car.
I left a message for the Service Manager, and he was supposed to call me back today but did not.
So if you are in the Phoenix area, I cannot recommend AutoNation Ford in Scottsdale, they are clearly incompetent when it comes to the Mach-E.
They are the absolute worst.. I have to understand what are the options for changing my preferred dealer because I am not EVER going to return to that place
I had someone drive me to the final time I had to sign papers because I don’t even feel safe with them whatsoever!!!
I’m just saying I love the car but I am still a mess over the process to get this vehicle .,
Agree one thousand percent— avoid autonation ford scottsdale at all cost

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
They are the absolute worst.. I have to understand what are the options for changing my preferred dealer because I am not EVER going to return to that place
I had someone drive me to the final time I had to sign papers because I don’t even feel safe with them whatsoever!!!
I’m just saying I love the car but I am still a mess over the process to get this vehicle .,
Agree one thousand percent— avoid autonation ford scottsdale at all cost
We ended up taking Mister Ed to Chapman Ford, and they did a great job. Jesus was our advisor, and he was well aware that the roof does not get removed. He was very honest about the time it was going to take, and we could have gotten a free rental for a couple of days, but the timing just wasn't really worth it this time.
It took a day longer than originally estimated, but we were informed of the delay early on, no big deal to me. But when we picked up the car, Jesus had done a full detail on the interior and exterior because of the delay. Honestly, the car looked much better than when we picked it up brand new!
We recently had the battery contactor issue, (story for another thread) but Jesus went so above and beyond to get that taken care of that he is my hero! I will use Chapman as long as Jesus is around!

a dubb

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
We ended up taking Mister Ed to Chapman Ford, and they did a great job. Jesus was our advisor, and he was well aware that the roof does not get removed. He was very honest about the time it was going to take, and we could have gotten a free rental for a couple of days, but the timing just wasn't really worth it this time.
It took a day longer than originally estimated, but we were informed of the delay early on, no big deal to me. But when we picked up the car, Jesus had done a full detail on the interior and exterior because of the delay. Honestly, the car looked much better than when we picked it up brand new!
We recently had the battery contactor issue, (story for another thread) but Jesus went so above and beyond to get that taken care of that he is my hero! I will use Chapman as long as Jesus is around!
I am so glad to hear this I am 100 percent in agreement Chapman is the BEST
Sponsored