TSB 21-2369 (glass roof wind noise) no longer necessary after roof glass and windshield recall?

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I took my Mach E in for the first time today, to address a few recalls, customer satisfaction program, and a few problems.

My built-in-2020 Premium ER AWD has noise problem and I have been using a rubber cord to mitigate the noise. (I took out the rubber cord prior to taking it in for service, and the difference was apparent.) I mentioned TSB 21-2369 (glass roof wind noise).

The service advisor claims that it's no longer necessary, due to the extensive work that will happen for roof and windshield recall. The claim sounds plausible. I wonder what you think?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I took my Mach E in for the first time today, to address a few recalls, customer satisfaction program, and a few problems.

My built-in-2020 Premium ER AWD has noise problem and I have been using a rubber cord to mitigate the noise. (I took out the rubber cord prior to taking it in for service, and the difference was apparent.) I mentioned TSB 21-2369 (glass roof wind noise).

The service advisor claims that it's no longer necessary, due to the extensive work that will happen for roof and windshield recall. The claim sounds plausible. I wonder what you think?
This is a tricky one, I would assume that the roof and windshield recall would fix it, as my GT PE and even my old Premium did not have any "new" weatherstripping like the TSB mentions, just the same as all the other cars. They probably did the TSB as a temporary fix or something but then you'd think the TSB would match all recall builds, too, if it was related to the adhesive issue. I would push back and say if that was the case, they would have removed the TSB and just left the recall as the fix for it. Since the TSB is still there, it is a warrantied fix and you want it done. If he doesn't want to help, just ask for the service director/manager and tell them.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My car is in for windshield and glass roof work right now. I asked them to put the weather stripping in while it was there. They said they’d have to check for wind noise after the windshield was put back in. But they did go ahead and order the part (the weather stripping) so they said they’d probably go ahead and put it in. Time will tell.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The recall doesn’t change the position of the windshield or roof, so the gap will be the same afterwards. But since the recall says that it can help with wind noise, the dealer will likely want you to try it out to see if it’s better before performing the TSB. Mine did.

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
For what it's worth, the recall work can change the position of the windshield. My recall work significantly closed the gap and significantly reduced the wind noise I had been experiencing above 40MPH. I think if you describe that as a problem and show them the TSB before they do the work, they're more inclined to adjust the seating of the windshield to mitigate the need for the TSB.

BC122

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD
Country flag

The windshield / glass roof recall repairs (they did it right - didn’t remove roof) actually increased my gap (now +5mm) and wind noise. After some hassle (Ford charges + $200 for the gasket) dealership ordered TBS-2369 part and installed today. However, tech noticed it made the wind noise worse and, after my test drive concurred, they removed. Back to DIY fix I guess.
They were also to redo the CSP 21P22 software update because initial install ”broke” some remote phone and fob functions. No success there either - 0 for 2 and wasted a morning.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I suspect that because the pins should locate the windshield in the same place as it is now the reinstall will not affect the gap/step up to the roof. Seems like the pano roof isn't installed as low as it should be in the front, but I am willing to see what happens once the recall work is done then complain about the wind noise. Now that I see someone's gap was made worse... and the wind noise was worse with the "fix"... ugh.

Has anyone posted photos of the Ford gasket fix installed on their car?

Last edited:

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
I also had the windshield recall done, and specifically asked that they fix the wind noise issue at the same time. They were quite dismissive and "assured" me that it would all be taken care. Good news is the were able to replace the windshield without breaking it. Bad news is the wind noise got worse (they did not do the TSB gasket). I then returned the vehicle for the TSB fix. THE REALLY WORSE news is they proceeded to crack the windshield halfway though the install. Car was returned with cracked WS, which is getting worse, 1/2 of a gasket wedged in, and now I am being ghosted by the dealer as to when a new windshield will arrive. Today I was contacted by Ford CS, who actually directed me to this dealer in the first place. She is also being ghosted by the dealership, and today sent an email requesting information for their BuyBack program (I also have such OTA issue). WTF?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Sorry to hear that, like I said before this recall is a dumpster fire. Good luck getting it taken care of. I think they need to reinstall the roofs to get the noise taken care of properly.

I also had the windshield recall done, and specifically asked that they fix the wind noise issue at the same time. They were quite dismissive and "assured" me that it would all be taken care. Good news is the were able to replace the windshield without breaking it. Bad news is the wind noise got worse (they did not do the TSB gasket). I then returned the vehicle for the TSB fix. THE REALLY WORSE news is they proceeded to crack the windshield halfway though the install. Car was returned with cracked WS, which is getting worse, 1/2 of a gasket wedged in, and now I am being ghosted by the dealer as to when a new windshield will arrive. Today I was contacted by Ford CS, who actually directed me to this dealer in the first place. She is also being ghosted by the dealership, and today sent an email requesting information for their BuyBack program (I also have such OTA issue). WTF?
Sponsored