First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have another stone chip in the windshield again 8 months later.. I wonder if the glass reseal recall applies to me since my windshield has already been replaced? Will this next one be free or do I need another insurance claim?
The windshield recall doesn't install new windshields. It only removes the existing windshield and reinstalls it with adequate sealant/adhesion.

If you have a rock chip that's smaller than a quarter, your insurance will very likely pay for a chip repair, with no deductible on your part. They want to prevent the repair from becoming a larger safety concern or glass replacement claim.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The windshield recall doesn't install new windshields. It only removes the existing windshield and reinstalls it with adequate sealant/adhesion.

If you have a rock chip that's smaller than a quarter, your insurance will very likely pay for a chip repair, with no deductible on your part. They want to prevent the repair from becoming a larger safety concern or glass replacement claim.
Oh good point. It is about the size of a silver dollar. Sounded like a massive rock. Insurance claim it is. Something about this car invites stones up over the hood. I hear impacts much more frequently than either my Super Duty trucks or even my Focus Electric. When there is moisture collected on the hood, I can see it spray up over the hood when I decelerate and the moisture runs forward over the edge of the hood.....it then is sprayed back up towards the windshield. Have you ever noticed that before?

I might have to buy the Lightning just so I have fewer windshields to replace. :)

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My dealer has already replaced the windshield on my car. I think they had the glass shop people come to the dealership to do the work. Not sure though....I will verify.
I have another stone chip in the windshield again 8 months later.. I wonder if the glass reseal recall applies to me since my windshield has already been replaced? Will this next one be free or do I need another insurance claim?

Keep in mind the windshield recall is to remove, clean the edge and reseal, no replacement of the windshield.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
When there is moisture collected on the hood, I can see it spray up over the hood when I decelerate and the moisture runs forward over the edge of the hood.....it then is sprayed back up towards the windshield. Have you ever noticed that before?
Moisture on the hood? No, I've never noticed. I'm in Phoenix not Paradise.

Ok yeah I've driven through rain but it's so infrequent that I don't remember what it's like.
Sponsored