Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I agree, however Ford seems to have a problem doing things they should have done to make the recall as smooth as possible.. Body Shop Mgr. says new glass due 2/10. Hope to have car back soon.. ww
2/10? Wow. Agreed
Sponsored

SuzzyQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang
Country flag
Let me explain a little simpler:

There is 1 ford dealer on this island. They have two showrooms and two maintenance centers on opposite sides of the island, but they are in fact a single dealer. There are no others.

There is one Chevy dealer on island.

There is one Toyota dealer on island. As with the Ford dealer, they have two locations. They’re also the owners of every Toyota dealer in the state.

There are two Nissan dealers. They’re both bad.

There is one Kia/Hyundai dealer.

There is one BMW dealer.

There is no Mercedes dealer.

There is no Volkswagen or Audi Dealer.

There is no Polestar or Volvo dealer.

There is no Jaguar dealer.

Getting the car to a dealer on another island involves a $600 barge fare one way and an up to 4 week wait. This is what Tesla owners deal with if the mobile service can’t fix their cars.
Your situation then is a real challenge of owning any brand of vehicle. Hopefully you won’t have to send your car across the waters. Good luck

PaulA

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MINI Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I received my second recall notice, so I decided to call my dealer and make an appointment. I was connected to the service department, who told me it was a body shop issue. They in turn said it was a service department issue. I was finally connected to the service manager who said the paperwork (TSB from Ford?) was on his desk but that he hadn’t read it and had no idea what Ford wanted him to do. He said he’d read it and call me back. That was yesterday morning. Crickets so far.

Paul Amick

Gatorwilly

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White premium mach e
Occupation
ret.
Country flag
I agree, however Ford seems to have a problem doing things they should have done to make the recall as smooth as possible.. Body Shop Mgr. says new glass due 2/10. Hope to have car back soon.. ww
Well, 1/10 has come and gone.. Now 1/14 and no word on the windshield.. Will be two weeks 1/17.. The generals in Dearborn need to visit the trenches and see what the hell is going on.. Not a happy camper.. WW

• Sad
Reactions: SbN

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hey RickMachE do you have the link for the chart you posted? I'm interested in the pricing for the $100 Deductible and there's advertising covering it. A little help please? Thanks!
Website is shown in the address bar as well as right below it in big type... o_O

rnswa

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Prem Mach-e -2016 Lex RX350 - 2004 Avalanche
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I scheduled my windshield/panoramic roof recall last week, but it was cancelled because the seal didn't come in. I was supposed to take in today but got a call from the dealer. He said that another local dealer did the recall and when putting the glass back in the glass broke. He said the replacement parts aren't available and are a couple of months out. So, they don't want to do the recall until the replacement glass is available in case it cracks when reinstalling. I appreciated their approach and would hate to have my car in the shop waiting for a part for a few months.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I scheduled my windshield/panoramic roof recall last week, but it was cancelled because the seal didn't come in. I was supposed to take in today but got a call from the dealer. He said that another local dealer did the recall and when putting the glass back in the glass broke. He said the replacement parts aren't available and are a couple of months out. So, they don't want to do the recall until the replacement glass is available in case it cracks when reinstalling. I appreciated their approach and would hate to have my car in the shop waiting for a part for a few months.
I would request again that Ford mandate all dealers to have stock on windshields. Ford should send the first one out and with a bow on it.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Yes, it was. Call Tuttle Click in Irvine to get it squared away. They’ve got the processed nailed down.
Yes, I was going to say, Tuttle Click has it down. They did mine in December and they keep an extra windshield on hand!

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I scheduled my appointment for 1/8 and had it back on 1/10. They performed the module update as well. This dealer also fixed my mme last year when someone hit me

All in all a good experience although the sealant was a bit noxious

OP
OP
SbN

SbN

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, First Edition
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I scheduled my appointment for 1/8 and had it back on 1/10. They performed the module update as well. This dealer also fixed my mme last year when someone hit me

All in all a good experience although the sealant was a bit noxious
Smell is extremely obnoxious.
Did you notice they put a rubber gasket around the panoramic roof? I could have sworn that before the recall, it was bare glass. Now I think they put that extra gasket around to prevent it from cracking if a rock hits it straight on the front edge.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
brings up a point. I'm curious, the ford extended warranty includes rental car. so does this apply to the entire warranty, ie 3 years and then the 5 years after?

I haven't read of anyone that has gotten their car back from the roof/windshield recall in less than three days. and more like a week. The ford recall states it should take less than one day to do both.
I got mine back within 24 hours. But I am taking it back tomorrow to address some fresh scratches across the inside of the windshield I discovered the first night I had it back...
Sponsored