Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, First Edition
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So got the rental and no problems there. My dealer (in the Kansas City area) had several MMEs at the same time doing the recall. He told me many people were opting out because of the amount of work needing to be done to fix it (removing the headliner, etc)

Well he told me to be glad I got it done because I did have that 'corrosion' going on and the cleaned it up.

Just posting so others have the info that they might want to change their minds and get it done.
Sponsored

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
So got the rental and no problems there. My dealer (in the Kansas City area) had several MMEs at the same time doing the recall. He told me many people were opting out because of the amount of work needing to be done to fix it (removing the headliner, etc)

Well he told me to be glad I got it done because I did have that 'corrosion' going on and the cleaned it up.

Just posting so others have the info that they might want to change their minds and get it done.
Out here in Cali, dealers aren't able to get a glass shop to do the work based on what Ford is wanting to pay for labor. As of now, my dealership wont be able to perform the recalls....as is the same for many dealers :( ?‍♂ :rolleyes:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Do you have any photos of the corrosion?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Dropped mine off Monday morning. They said a glass shop would do the work but they weren't too clear on if they take the car there or if the glass shop people just do the work at the Ford Dealership.

According to Ford Pass my car has been at the dealership since I dropped it off.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My dealership has performed one glass recall. They sent the car to the glass shop and per what they say, between what Ford is paying and what the glass shop charged, the dealership lost $300 on the recall.
I asked about getting my recall done. They are looking for a different place to outsource to so they don’t lose money.

Track44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I'm also in the KC area. Have been waiting to get it done until the dealers had some time to work on some other cars. Good or bad, would you be willing to share the dealer's name? Thanks.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
My dealership has performed one glass recall. They sent the car to the glass shop and per what they say, between what Ford is paying and what the glass shop charged, the dealership lost $300 on the recall.
I asked about getting my recall done. They are looking for a different place to outsource to so they don’t lose money.
Ouch, $300 is a lot....

OP
OP
SbN

SbN

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, First Edition
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm also in the KC area. Have been waiting to get it done until the dealers had some time to work on some other cars. Good or bad, would you be willing to share the dealer's name? Thanks.
Yup. Went to Bob Allen Ford off Metcalf and 95th (I think). They had 3-4 in there at the same time. Mine was the only one with the corrosion. Jeremiah helped me and he's really good.

Track44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup. Went to Bob Allen Ford off Metcalf and 95th (I think). They had 3-4 in there at the same time. Mine was the only one with the corrosion. Jeremiah helped me and he's really good.
Thanks. I had major problems with the dealership where I purchased mine (attempted ADM etc) so I'm not too inclined to go back there.

Reactions: SbN

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Corrosion??? I want to about that!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Out here in Cali, dealers aren't able to get a glass shop to do the work based on what Ford is wanting to pay for labor. As of now, my dealership wont be able to perform the recalls....as is the same for many dealers :( ?‍♂ :rolleyes:
Where in California? The dealers in Orange County are doing the work, I just did mine at Tuttle Click. Great work and a rental.

mach_e_hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Got mine done with no problems. Dropped off car Monday got I back Thursday with the software updates.

I only did it for the dc fast charging update and free rental car. The dc fast charger transformed the car for me, can do 80 mph with that extra 10 percent extra I would get because of the faster charging during the same time period.

Almost makes me want to keep car but may still trade it in for a 2022 to get two fobs haha just joking I'm not crying I'm laughing ?
Sponsored