Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Also just be aware many dealers including mine doing this service have cracked the windshield taking them off. My car has been at the dealer for 3 weeks. Mine was supposed to be 2-3 days as well. Its time consuming they remove the headliner for the glass roof and as I mentioned if the break the windshield it can take 1-2 weeks to get a new one. I still don't have my car back and I took in 3 weeks ago today.
I'm just not certain I will do the recall.

SMDJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Linclon, VW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My wife has been trying to schedule her car for the recall. The car has a recall for both winshield and roof. Dealler says they have to contract with a third party for the service and they currently do not have a provider for the roof recall. Is this Common?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My wife has been trying to schedule her car for the recall. The car has a recall for both winshield and roof. Dealler says they have to contract with a third party for the service and they currently do not have a provider for the roof recall. Is this Common?
Seems to be. Try a different dealer.

Mojuba

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reserved Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Had a similar issue in Orange County CA. I’ve had to take the car in for issues twice both times got a loaner. This recall goes through the body shop who doesn’t work with the service department for some reason tried to charge me for the rental. Fortunately, I have other options and took it to another dealer. If it’s going to take more than 2 days the dealer needs to contact ford and explain why in order to an exception to reimburse additional days. In my case the initial dealer was just lazy and didn’t want to go through the process because the manager said they were overloaded anyhow and don’t make any money on the recall. Net result when my options expire guess who will be getting my next mach e purchase. Not the dealership that’s too busy to get an exception.

Reactions: SbN

Peter G

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Looks like I got very lucky. I brought in my MME Select this morning and got a Premium as a loaner, for the "2 to 3 days" that it should take.

I did notice a BIG difference between my AWD Select and the RWD Premium on the snowy roads. I actually thought that they didn't put snow tires on it. If you live in a snowy area, spring for the AWD. You won't be sorry.

OP
OP
SbN

SbN

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, First Edition
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So an update.....
Took it to the dealer, Enterprise picked me up and said Ford will be paying for the rental. We'll see how that goes since I saw the billing and it said $42/day (up from the original quote the dealer told me).
And yeah, they just don't do loaners anymore at that dealership, but at least I have a car for the time being.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I scheduled just the updates but, the dealership added on the recall (im assuming since its a safety issue and they cant let me leave without it done?) so I called the dealer to ask about a loaner and he said not unless you bought it here. Then I told him about the letter and it stated free loaner. Then he comes back with oh yeah we will cover it through enterprise.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Find a new dealer. 3 weeks ago I took mine in for software update. My rental car was paid for by Ford. If needed, I could have the car for 3 days, paid by Ford. Fortunately, I used the car 1 day, but they gave me a Toyota Corolla! My dealership had no cars to lend out, but they always gave me a loaner car if I needed one as a courtesy. A good dealership makes all the difference.
Let me explain a little simpler:

There is 1 ford dealer on this island. They have two showrooms and two maintenance centers on opposite sides of the island, but they are in fact a single dealer. There are no others.

There is one Chevy dealer on island.

There is one Toyota dealer on island. As with the Ford dealer, they have two locations. They’re also the owners of every Toyota dealer in the state.

There are two Nissan dealers. They’re both bad.

There is one Kia/Hyundai dealer.

There is one BMW dealer.

There is no Mercedes dealer.

There is no Volkswagen or Audi Dealer.

There is no Polestar or Volvo dealer.

There is no Jaguar dealer.

Getting the car to a dealer on another island involves a $600 barge fare one way and an up to 4 week wait. This is what Tesla owners deal with if the mobile service can’t fix their cars.

• Wow
Reactions: ZSR

Gatorwilly

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White premium mach e
Occupation
ret.
Country flag
Sorry to hear that they cracked the windshield. It was a third party and they are 100% used to getting a broken/chipped windshield out. Ford should mandate any authorized glass shop have a new spare windshield (or the dealer has a dozen) available as to make sure the customer has no loss of downtime. Frustrating I am sure.
I agree, however Ford seems to have a problem doing things they should have done to make the recall as smooth as possible.. Body Shop Mgr. says new glass due 2/10. Hope to have car back soon.. ww

JosephG53

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Had a similar issue in Orange County CA. I’ve had to take the car in for issues twice both times got a loaner. This recall goes through the body shop who doesn’t work with the service department for some reason tried to charge me for the rental. Fortunately, I have other options and took it to another dealer. If it’s going to take more than 2 days the dealer needs to contact ford and explain why in order to an exception to reimburse additional days. In my case the initial dealer was just lazy and didn’t want to go through the process because the manager said they were overloaded anyhow and don’t make any money on the recall. Net result when my options expire guess who will be getting my next mach e purchase. Not the dealership that’s too busy to get an exception.
Mojuba....I'm in OC too. Was Theodore the first dealer and which was ur preferred?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So an update.....
Took it to the dealer, Enterprise picked me up and said Ford will be paying for the rental. We'll see how that goes since I saw the billing and it said $42/day (up from the original quote the dealer told me).
And yeah, they just don't do loaners anymore at that dealership, but at least I have a car for the time being.
Exactly as the recall states - Ford pays for the rental.
Sponsored