Recall service

changelives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I’m sorry if this has been asked but I am in a bit of a rush. I made an appointment to bring my 2022 Rte 66 car in this morning for the recalls after they called me twice, emailed me and mailed me. I am also ready for my 10,000 mile (nothing?) service? I made the appointment and asked if I would need a rental. They said no, we will do it while you wait. When I got there they told me that one recall has no solution (why tell me about a recall they can’t fix) but the other two would take at least two days. I said, ok, give me a rental and they said “ford won’t pay for a rental for this recall”.
None of this makes sense. Three days for a recall service but I have to rent my own car??

something isn’t right here. Any advice? It this just my local Santa Monica Ford dealer or ford?

thanks and sorry if this is a repeat.
Sponsored

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m sorry if this has been asked but I am in a bit of a rush. I made an appointment to bring my 2022 Rte 66 car in this morning for the recalls after they called me twice, emailed me and mailed me. I am also ready for my 10,000 mile (nothing?) service? I made the appointment and asked if I would need a rental. They said no, we will do it while you wait. When I got there they told me that one recall has no solution (why tell me about a recall they can’t fix) but the other two would take at least two days. I said, ok, give me a rental and they said “ford won’t pay for a rental for this recall”.
None of this makes sense. Three days for a recall service but I have to rent my own car??

something isn’t right here. Any advice? It this just my local Santa Monica Ford dealer or ford?

The HVBJB recall is not available yet (not enough parts available). The other two notices current are CSPs or customer satisfaction programs. CSPs are free updates but NOT safety recalls, so no loaner/rental provided.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The HVBJB recall is not available yet (not enough parts available). The other two notices current are CSPs or customer satisfaction programs. CSPs are free updates but NOT safety recalls, so no loaner/rental provided.
He never mention HVBJB. There may be active recalls for his car, but he needs to tells us which in order to get good advice.

ddeluce

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD ER, Vapor Blue
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just had recall 23B50 work done (Battery Charger Control Module software update) today. Walnut Creek Ford called yesterday, sent the mobile service van over this afternoon, and update was done in 20 minutes. Back in July they did an update to the door control module the same way. Couldn't have been easier.

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag
Yeah Ford service is the worst. I've been trying to get a # of recalls done since June. Working with two dealers. Made 3 trips already and they still haven't done any work. Always an excuse, (parts didn't arrive, wrong part arrived etc). Promised loaner, but didn't provide one. Ford corporate said they would pay for rental car if dealer doesn't have loaner. Dealer said Ford only pays for $35/day and the cheapest rental they can get is $65/day plus taxes/fees which comes out to about $85/day so they said I would have to pay about $50/day out of pocket for the rental. Ford corporate said it would take 2 days to get the 3 recalls done (windshield, sunroof, parking brake). Dealer said it could take up to 2-3 weeks.
Lots of back and forth over 5 months and still not complete. I now have my 4th appointment for this coming Monday. Let's see if they make any progress. Ofcourse they are still claiming no loaner available (excuse used this time is that they only have 4 loaners, one was in an accident so out of commission for a while, the other 3 are with customers whos cars are in the shop waiting for parts). They can't give me a firm # of days they'll need my car, so I have to arrange my own alternate transportation for an unknown # of days/weeks.

OP
OP

changelives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
First - hilarious that I wrote Rte 66. I live in LA, one mile from California Route 1 - Pacific Coast (Why I picked the model). But I was at a diner on Santa Monica Blvd when I did this post and Santa Monica Blvd is Route 66.

I think i fell for the ford dealer rip off by even telling me to come in.
the recall is 23S56 - the one there is no fix for yet.
And they meant the Customer Satisfaction 23B50. Which I understand I can do over the air at home?? Is that update what they said would take two to three days??? Can’t I just do it over the air?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I just had recall 23B50 work done (Battery Charger Control Module software update) today. Walnut Creek Ford called yesterday, sent the mobile service van over this afternoon, and update was done in 20 minutes. Back in July they did an update to the door control module the same way. Couldn't have been easier.
They get paid by Ford for that mobile service.