chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Did you purchase a 5 years extended warranty or an 8 year extended warranty? All Ford extended warranties start on the first day you own the car. Given that the bumper to bumper warranty is 3 years / 36,000 miles, an 8 year extended warranty is really 5 years, i.e. the 5 years after the 3 years runs out. The only feature of the extended warranty usable in the first 3 years is that free loaner IF you buy that coverage.
I bought the ford 5 year added on to the 3 year so gives me 8 years.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I bought the ford 5 year added on to the 3 year so gives me 8 years.
Either you bought the 8 year, which matches your description, or you bought the 5 year, which adds 2.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It runs concurrently with the original warranty. So if you have a 5 year ESP, you will be eligible for a rental car for 5 years (not 8).

They had my car for 2 days. Where does the recall state that it should take less than a day?
2nd english language page but they do note it depends on the dealer

recall.jpg

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Either you bought the 8 year, which matches your description, or you bought the 5 year, which adds 2.
I bought the 5 year add-on to the original 3 year warranty so 8 years total

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I don't know what's so hard to grasp about this, it's really pretty elemental. THe car comes with a three year warranty. I purchased an additional 5 years (the coverage is different by the way in that for that 5 year period I have to pay $100 for each occurrence). See not so hard is it? It's merely semantics

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know what's so hard to grasp about this, it's really pretty elemental. THe car comes with a three year warranty. I purchased an additional 5 years (the coverage is different by the way in that for that 5 year period I have to pay $100 for each occurrence). See not so hard is it? It's merely semantics
Ford Mustang Mach-E Glass Recall Service Screenshot_20220104-162726_Chrome

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Have you stopped to realize how ridiculous this discussion is? The coverages on my extended warranty are different the last five years with a co-pay. SO please explain what is the purpose of all this other than just to have to prove you're right when we're saying the same thing.

i-know-im-right-im-awesome.jpg

SuzzyQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang
Country flag
No dealers of any flavor on this island have ever had loaners, not for this or any other recall. None of them. And good luck with rentals, they’re still generally unavailable.

What the local Ford dealer will do is pick up and drop off anywhere on island. And they’ve always done that. That can entail 4 or more hours of driving per customer delivery or pickup (round trip).
Find a new dealer. 3 weeks ago I took mine in for software update. My rental car was paid for by Ford. If needed, I could have the car for 3 days, paid by Ford. Fortunately, I used the car 1 day, but they gave me a Toyota Corolla! My dealership had no cars to lend out, but they always gave me a loaner car if I needed one as a courtesy. A good dealership makes all the difference.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Find a new dealer. 3 weeks ago I took mine in for software update. My rental car was paid for by Ford. If needed, I could have the car for 3 days, paid by Ford. Fortunately, I used the car 1 day, but they gave me a Toyota Corolla! My dealership had no cars to lend out, but they always gave me a loaner car if I needed one as a courtesy. A good dealership makes all the difference.
They've already indicated there's only 1 dealer on the island they live on, so they're pretty much at their mercy.

SuzzyQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang
Country flag
They've already indicated there's only 1 dealer on the island they live on, so they're pretty much at their mercy.
They are at their mercy, probably why they will get away with what they’re doing to the poor guy. Call Ford service. Different rates out there.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Exactly what the dealer told me when I took the car in yesterday.. $35 a day, the rest is on you.. My car now sits at the dealer, windshield cracked during removal.. One to two weeks for replacement to arrive..Love the car, but very disappointed in the whole process to say the least.. WW
Sorry to hear that they cracked the windshield. It was a third party and they are 100% used to getting a broken/chipped windshield out. Ford should mandate any authorized glass shop have a new spare windshield (or the dealer has a dozen) available as to make sure the customer has no loss of downtime. Frustrating I am sure.

Skierick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2017 BMW 440 Convertible
Country flag
It runs concurrently with the original warranty. So if you have a 5 year ESP, you will be eligible for a rental car for 5 years (not 8).

They had my car for 2 days. Where does the recall state that it should take less than a day?
They had my car for two weeks then told me they were unable to get it in to the glass company, so they updated software and gave it back to me. They think they can get it in in about a month but then will need the car for another week. No loaner available. Sounds like I need to try another dealer
Sponsored