Recall Windshield.

IBGroggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
Wow. I've seen several posts about a broken windshield. I haven't had any issues so I hadn't gotten around to doing the recall until this week. Actually it was the third time I've had it in, scheduling conflicts but no big deal. I get a call yesterday when I was supposed to pick it up with the comment of "Windshield broke. We've ordered another and should be here in 4 or 5 days." I trust my dealership / service center. Hopefully replacement glass gets here when they say. I guess they have a third party window guy that does stuff for them and I guess has replaced them before. I did ask before dropping it off, if they had a replacement in stock just in case. It's rare that they break so no we don't have one, but you should be fine. Then the call. Again, dealership has been my go to for years, even decades (I'm an old fart). The loaner - a white MME4. I guess it was their demo so with a few minor adjustments to mirrors and seats, I don't realize I'm not in mine, aside from the fact that they decided to tint the windows. I can't see much out the back with the rearview mirror, but I'm not complaining. I'm hoping there isn't a backorder, but I'll fight to keep the loaner until they get mine fixed. So, bottom line for me is it's shocking that this is an issue of breaking, but dealer feels my pain. Well, someone will when they get the bill for the glass.

Edit: I think the loaner was a previously owned and not a demo (over 24000 miles). I can't imagine the dealership would have tinted the windows. The back one is tinted so dark I might as well not even have a rearview mirror. Even in the day light, I can barely make out stuff behind me. At night, forget it. Maybe headlights if they are right on my butt. Side windows aren't as bad, but does take some getting used to. But I won't complain more since it was a spontaneous decision on their part and I'm thankful. I just miss mine. I yes, I can also tell a difference between the standard range and my extended range battery. Not quite the kick.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pjfriend

Pjfriend

First Name
Pj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache e
Country flag
I’m on day ten and waiting. Also my dealership I’ve been with for years. But no call today so I’m onto week three Monday.

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I've been trying to get the recalls done since early June. Working with 2 dealers and have called ford corporate a few times as well. Finally got appointment to bring car in this past Monday. They realized they ordered wrong windshield. They said the correct windshield part shows in stock at the warehouse and should take no more than a week to get. They were supposed to call me today to schedule the work, but I didn't hear from them.
First time owning a ford and I just say, not impressed with the service.

vsguru

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Country flag
Here's the part number from parts.ford.com. Confirm with your dealer.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Recall Windshield. ME-Windshield PN

JohnSernyk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford CMax Energi
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I had been trying to get a dealer to take care of the windshield removal and reseal and the panoramic roof reseal recalls on my 2021 Mustang Mach E first edition since I first was notified of the recall. We were living in Indiana at the time. I kept getting the run around by the dealership who had delivered my Mach E that they couldn't get it scheduled, it was so complex to organize, they wouldn't return my calls, the service agent kept changing, etc. I was so fed up with that dealership that I tried a second dealership in the area but they never followed up at all.

We moved to SW Missouri in July 2023 and in December I worked with the closest Ford dealer in Joplin (they were extremely responsive and great to deal with) and they got it scheduled for December 18, 2023. It was supposed to take 2-3 days but when the auto glass repair firm was removing the windshield, they broke the windshield. I was worried that might happen as windshields are usually attached very well and I can imagine are very difficult to remove intact. The dealership had to order a replacement and it took a couple of weeks for them to receive the new windshield. It's a unique windshield and had to be ordered directly from Ford. After it arrived it was installed very promptly and they completed the panoramic roof reseal. From the time of receipt of the replacement windshield it took them only a couple of days to complete the work. I picked my Mach E up on January 13. The dealership provided me free use of a loaner Mustang Mach E from December 18 through January 13 when they had possession of my Mach E to do the recalls.

They did VERY nice work. What a difference a truly responsive dealership made in getting these recalls done. It did take a bit longer that anticipated but that was because the old windshield broke when it was being removed and they had to order a new windshield.
Sponsored