JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I dont know - just an interpretation - until details are revealed we dont really know what they mean
Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
China's challenges are different than those in the US.

- Most major cities in China have air quality that would make Los Angeles look great on it's worse ever day.
- If China's population had a ICE vehicles/population ratio similar to the US, we would run out of oil in 20 years.

China doesn't want to go electric, it HAS to go electric. They don't really care about 'saving the planet', they care about making China an industrial/economic power.

OP
OP
Kamuelaflyer

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
China's challenges are different than those in the US.

- Most major cities in China have air quality that would make Los Angeles look great on it's worse ever day.
- If China's population had a ICE vehicles/population ratio similar to the US, we would run out of oil in 20 years.

China doesn't want to go electric, it HAS to go electric. They don't really care about 'saving the planet', they care about making China an industrial/economic power.
Quite true.

I used to layover at our hub in Guangzhou (Canton). At the time I was an ultra-endurance runner. The skies were a perpetual "Blade Runner" brown gray. When it rained, it rained brown. Never ran there. And Beijing? The air quality in the capital of the World's largest capitalist economy is beyond belief.

Pollution in China is a very real problem and is unsustainable at its present level. They do take such things seriously. And with the burgeoning automobile population, moving away from ICE is needed. The stereotypical bicycling peasant headed to work just doesn't exist any longer.

Our problems are different but on the same path. Reduction in fossil fuel dependency is critical. It's usually best to have a plan when approaching such things.

Reactions: abr

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Quite true.

I used to layover at our hub in Guangzhou (Canton). At the time I was an ultra-endurance runner. The skies were a perpetual "Blade Runner" brown gray. When it rained, it rained brown. Never ran there. And Beijing? The air quality in the capital of the World's largest capitalist economy is beyond belief.

Pollution in China is a very real problem and is unsustainable at its present level. They do take such things seriously. And with the burgeoning automobile population, moving away from ICE is needed. The stereotypical bicycling peasant headed to work just doesn't exist any longer.

Our problems are different but on the same path. Reduction in fossil fuel dependency is critical. It's usually best to have a plan when approaching such things.
All true, but that being said, the pollution there is much better now than it was 15 years ago. Having grown up in LA, I can say that the air pollution in Guangzhou 15 years ago was so much worse than LA has ever seen.
At least as a endurance runner, you could have run across the Pearl River without getting your feet wet. . . . .I know, that's not a visual you really want to think about. :oops:
Sponsored