GT performance acceleration versus Premium range

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I have a GT reserved but have been a little concerned with the loss in range versus the Premium. I did a few trip comparisons using ABRP and went more extreme with the scenarios. I was kind of surprised that a trip from the east coast to the west coast only made a 50 minute difference. Now this assumes that ABRP has the range close between them but I am still surprised it ends up not making much of a difference.

has anyone compared their premium actual range/milage to what ABRP says it should have?
Sponsored

Baron

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Armada, Nissan Pathfinder
Country flag
Not sure about your driving distances daily but I have owned a Bolt for 5 years and I stay mostly local in a big city. The 220 mile range (140 Winter) was fine for me. I never needed to charge anywhere but my garage. I purchased the GTHP

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
I’ve owned and sold both a GT and a premium and have another premium on order

The GT performance is really fun off the line but the five second limit makes it really not much of a screaming muscle type vehicle and for that reason I prefer the premium with it broader options and light gray interior

I did use up my range a lot more quickly in the GT because you tend to wanna show off it may cost you miles

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
I have a GT reserved but have been a little concerned with the loss in range versus the Premium. I did a few trip comparisons using ABRP and went more extreme with the scenarios. I was kind of surprised that a trip from the east coast to the west coast only made a 50 minute difference. Now this assumes that ABRP has the range close between them but I am still surprised it ends up not making much of a difference.

has anyone compared their premium actual range/milage to what ABRP says it should have?
You have to think of the GT like you are buying an ICE sports car. You don’t really think about range or gas mileage when you buy a sports car as much. Now the MME is different because it’s comfortable and has tons of space and the range is still pretty good but if it’s not enough for your daily or even regular driving and it’s your daily driver, then go with the premium. You will be sacrificing some speed and thrill but you will have a much better car to live with on a day to day basis.
I got the GT because the range, even in the winter in the North East, was enough for my daily driver.

When I drove the Premium I had my GT in order and though “yeah this is good enough” once I got in my GT and hit the gas my smile went from ear to ear and I still love every minute I spend in the car. So I think you have to balance the practicality with the fun and find what’s most important for you.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I had an AWD ER Premium (rated for 270 miles when being nice to it). I now have the GT-PE (rated at 260 miles IIRC). That’s not much difference at all. And if I’m nice to them, and the weather was good, I could easily achieve the rated ranges. I am less likely to “be nice” to the GT. But if I want to, I can. And my normal driving habits rarely have me trying to do more than 180 miles in a day, so range wise, it’s all good. I’ve never had to stop and charge the GT in a place I would have skipped if I still had the Premium.
Sponsored