Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
When Volts first came out, mine was recalled 5 times in the first year for this kind of stuff.
Ford should have allocated first month’s production to employees to do this debug. That is what Tesla did. We had a front row seat at the Starbucks across the street from their main service center
Sponsored

MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
Complex systems fail in complex ways. Is there a more complex car than the MME? Definitely not made by Ford. Also, I imagine Ford wouldn‘t have shipped these if they did know about the issues before hand. (I think the stop ship orders we’ve seen would attest to that.) I have no doubt their test regimen was pretty “exhaustive” but considering the complexity (how many interconnected processors are there?) it‘s understandable that they didn’t cover every scenario.

Recalls and delays stink, no doubt. But Ford does seems very committed to getting things fixed. And I’m hopeful they will.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Exact same issues, except happened on day 1. When i called to make appt they told me no loaners. i would need to pay $45 a day for a "low cost" rental. I was "irritated" to say the least. However when i arrived service manager came out said sorry, he would be paying for the rental. Wanted to let me know they would be taking care of me. Gave me a service advisor that knows the car and the technician that knows the car. Even gave me direct line to himself and advisor anytime i had an issue.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Exact same issues, except happened on day 1. When i called to make appt they told me no loaners. i would need to pay $45 a day for a "low cost" rental. I was "irritated" to say the least. However when i arrived service manager came out said sorry, he would be paying for the rental. Wanted to let me know they would be taking care of me. Gave me a service advisor that knows the car and the technician that knows the car. Even gave me direct line to himself and advisor anytime i had an issue.
If they’re keeping it overnight, Ford’s warranty pays for a rental.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
If they’re keeping it overnight, Ford’s warranty pays for a rental.
It seems you have to make an appointment to get that perk. I tried just driving in for them to look at it, and they claimed they had a 12-day backlog for service loaner availability. Makes no sense to me. Some problems can't be planned almost two weeks in advance.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It seems you have to make an appointment to get that perk. I tried just driving in for them to look at it, and they claimed they had a 12-day backlog for service loaner availability. Makes no sense to me. Some problems can't be planned almost two weeks in advance.
Most dealers I’ve dealt with have agreements with local rental car companies for situations like that.

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
yeah I guess, but this constant news of failures of all sorts is really getting draining on the nerves. can't help but think that they fumbled the ball. I would have rather waited another six more months to get all this ironed out. It sets a bad tone, and with the Tesla ongoing mess, I was hoping for a better start. But, I'm hanging in there for now.
And now for the rest of the story....(gotta be old to get that)
I have had my mach e for 3 wks. Sync four froze then reset itself each of the first two days.
Everything with the car has been fine since then. I like it even more than I thought I would.
Sponsored