Having problems connecting Android Auto

b+ve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, CLK63 AMG, VMAX, MACH E 1st
Country flag
I just received my Mach E . Having problems connecting Android Auto. Any one facing same issues? The hone connected thru Bluetooth. But not Android Auto.
Sponsored

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Ford is aware of the issue as it relates to the F150 having the same problem with Sync 4 and Wireless AA and is working with google. But since the Mach E is running Sync 4a (mostly the same but modified for Mach E) definitely make sure you report it to Ford so they can address with all Mach E's. There are others on this forum reporting the same issue with their new Mach Es https://fordauthority.com/2021/01/s...ners-are-having-wireless-android-auto-issues/

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
What model phone?

Phone itself connects, for calls? Music through Bluetooth? PaaK working?

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
If it’s Android 11, it’s a known issue.
Hopefully one that can be fixed quick. While 11 isn't very old, it's been out for 4 months now in widespread distribution and was in beta earlier than that. Have to imagine someone at Ford on the team had a Pixel to find this issue on 11's rollout day back in September. Hopefully the fix is underway.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Note 10 plus, everything working, except Android Auto
Sorry to hear. That seems established, then, as an Android 11 issue. At least it is a known issue and if everything else works, not a huge hit to functionality while waiting on a fix.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I love my Android phone but Android Auto has had so many issues over the years, it stinks that this will continue to be a problem. Over the years with my various Samsung phones AA has broken every so often on every car I've owned. Sometimes a random AA update will break it and all I can do is wait for Google to push an update. Last time it stopped working on my Bolt for 4 months before it started again randomly. I spent so much time trying different cables, troubleshooting in online Google forums, etc. Even if or when they fix it for the MME, when our phones upgrade to a new version of the AA app, or to Android 12, it'll start all over again. It's one of the reasons why I originally ordered a Volvo XC40 Recharge...the built in Google OS. No Android Auto needed. No fussing with connections to the phone etc. Too bad the darn car has such bad range and efficiency else I might've gone through with buying it.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does Ford+Alexa work in the MME? That could be a workaround for some functions while AA awaits a supported update.

W_L

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD Infinite Blue
Country flag
Had an online chat with Ford support today and agent confirmed the following:

"Currently this is a known issue that Ford and Google are aware of and working to correct in an upcoming software update."

"Google is releasing an updated Android Auto app version 6.1 that reverts the latest change they made that broke the wireless connection to Sync.
Planned update is expected by Feb 22
."​
Sponsored