skeighle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e select awd
Country flag
OK so winter is coming here in Vermont, I live on a dirt road in the mountains and heat is a must. Unfortunately I made the (in retrospect) sully decision to get my select awd as a total base package. No heated seats, no heated steering wheel. My plan was aftermarket heated seat cover, but after reading about issues with the 12v system I'm not sure how that would work out.

Any insights?
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
OK so winter is coming here in Vermont, I live on a dirt road in the mountains and heat is a must. Unfortunately I made the (in retrospect) sully decision to get my select awd as a total base package. No heated seats, no heated steering wheel. My plan was aftermarket heated seat cover, but after reading about issues with the 12v system I'm not sure how that would work out.

Any insights?
Do they plug into the 12v lighter port or are you hardwiring them? My guess (and this is a guess) is that if you plug them in when you start the car and unplug them when you leave, you should be fine? Iā€™ve run an air compressor at length from the 12v socket between the seats with no issue, so Iā€™d say itā€™s worth a shot.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yup the 12V socket shuts off when the car is off so you could safely leave them plugged in.

I lived with my CA Rt 1 (no heated seats nor heated steering wheel--for 2021 that is) through last winter (well at least starting in February) here in Michigan. I was quite surprised that the seats and steering wheel didn't "feel" that cold.

I've had cars that when you get into them when its really cold the seats and steering wheel feel cold (and sometimes even hurt). The Mach-E isn't one of them.

MustangMach37

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Hey Everyone. Do you have any recommendations on heated seat covers? I would like to get a good brand for my front seats but dont want to short circuit the mach e either. Any recommendations would be helpful!

First Name
Khalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
Hereā€™s a link for the heated seat covers I bought on Amazon for my California RT1. They fit the seat shape well and have a nice stitching pattern. 3 temperature settings. They definitely make it a more comfortable drive on cold days. I bought a cigarette lighter splitter to plug both of them up at the same time in the center console and be able to cut the power to them without needing to unplug them.

Big Ant Car Travel Seat Cover... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JMV1Y7K?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

SUPERONE 200W 2-Socket Cigarette Lighter Splitter Power Adapter, USB C Car Charger with 18W Power Delivery 3.0 & QC 3.0 for iPhone 13 Pro Max/13/12/11/11 Pro/X/8/7, Samsung, Google Pixel and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SF63PP...abc_RYS8KD0JTQ4770YME1YX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored