Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
I tried to buy that one as well, but they didn’t want to sell it to me...haha

I ended up with another one, picking it up tomorrow if all goes well. We’ll be twins on different ends of the state (I’m near OBX)!
Tell me more about, "they didn't want to sell it to me" LOL.
Is yours Grabber Blue? I hope all goes well and we can get together sometime and show them off!
Sponsored

OP
OP
malthusunc

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
It's a distinctive color; for some reason a lot of people want cars with bland paint jobs. It worked in your favor, so you can enjoy it even more.
That's why there is more than one flavor of ice cream. I don't mind vanilla, but . . .
Actually, a lot of the colors were just too similar to cars we already had in that color, or just recently had. So I wanted something different. This is definitely different. I have a black 2017 Mustang convertible and when I would be on the FB groups and the forums and I would see the Grabber Blues, Oranges, and Yellows, they just always caught my attention. I'm very happy it worked out. They said the color, but the $4,000 ADM probably didn't help things either.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Thank you. My wife and I fought hard about it. It was the only color I wanted and she hated it. But I get it, she is a grown adult LOL.
I was sooooo tempted, but my wife hated that color too. She wanted me to get gray. Red was the compromise (I always wanted a red Mustang anyway, and threatening Grabber Blue was my strategy - don't tell her!).

Looks GREAT!

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
Tell me more about, "they didn't want to sell it to me" LOL.
Is yours Grabber Blue? I hope all goes well and we can get together sometime and show them off!
I was looking for an X plan deal, but they wouldn’t do it on the first edition. They would on any other Mach-e.

Yes, grabber blue. Idon’t want to derail your thread with my picture, but here she is in all her glory. Made it home with 51 miles left of range.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hello from North Carolina AD43F8FD-61A5-4513-85C7-CB950B4E4AE7

OP
OP
malthusunc

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
I was sooooo tempted, but my wife hated that color too. She wanted me to get gray. Red was the compromise (I always wanted a red Mustang anyway, and threatening Grabber Blue was my strategy - don't tell her!).

Looks GREAT!
Brilliant Strategy! I like red, white, blue, etc. I like the ones that show the contrast with the roof.

OP
OP
malthusunc

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
I was looking for an X plan deal, but they wouldn’t do it on the first edition. They would on any other Mach-e.

Yes, grabber blue. Idon’t want to derail your thread with my picture, but here she is in all her glory. Made it home with 51 miles left of range.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hello from North Carolina AD43F8FD-61A5-4513-85C7-CB950B4E4AE7
Looks great! I know the feeling you must be feeling right now!! Where did you end up getting it from?

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
Looks great! I know the feeling you must be feeling right now!! Where did you end up getting it from?
Crossroads Ford of Apex, overall they were pretty good to deal with even with a sight-unseen trade.

OP
OP
malthusunc

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
Crossroads Ford of Apex, overall they were pretty good to deal with even with a sight-unseen trade.
Good to hear. The interesting part to me was I had valued my trade on a few different websites and was anywhere from $18K to $25K. I settled in my mind on $24K.

I didn't realize this was something they did online now. When I filled out their online tool, they offered me $30K cash or trade. I did it in the middle of the night and didn't have any pictures to send - that just "seemed" high to me given the condition of my truck (it was a work truck with scratches, etc.) so I didn't think I would get that. When they took off the $2K ADM, I assumed they would beat me up over the trade when I got there and try to make up the $2K.

Anyway, I sent them a bunch of pictures and they came back at $28,500 for the trade. So I was stoked because I had been basing all my calculations on a $24K trade. Overall, really happy with the deal I got. Glad they didn't sell it to you!! LOL

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Good to hear. The interesting part to me was I had valued my trade on a few different websites and was anywhere from $18K to $25K. I settled in my mind on $24K.

I didn't realize this was something they did online now. When I filled out their online tool, they offered me $30K cash or trade. I did it in the middle of the night and didn't have any pictures to send - that just "seemed" high to me given the condition of my truck (it was a work truck with scratches, etc.) so I didn't think I would get that. When they took off the $2K ADM, I assumed they would beat me up over the trade when I got there and try to make up the $2K.

Anyway, I sent them a bunch of pictures and they came back at $28,500 for the trade. So I was stoked because I had been basing all my calculations on a $24K trade. Overall, really happy with the deal I got. Glad they didn't sell it to you!! LOL
Chalk one up for the good guys.
Sponsored