Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Hi all,

Quick question - Is the design intent for the high beams such that when you push the turn signal forward in the day time, the high beams don't stay on? I noticed they automatically shut off under the sun, and at night they stay on. I'm assuming they do this to prevent you from forgetting that you turned them on in the day time since you might not notice it as much and may blind opposing traffic or cars in front of you.

Cheers
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Hi all,

Quick question - Is the design intent for the high beams such that when you push the turn signal forward in the day time, the high beams don't stay on? I noticed they automatically shut off under the sun, and at night they stay on. I'm assuming they do this to prevent you from forgetting that you turned them on in the day time since you might not notice it as much and may blind opposing traffic or cars in front of you.

Cheers
Correct. If you want to turn on your high beams and leave them on, you have to turn the headlight switch from "auto" to "on" and then you can press the stalk back, away from you, and they'll stay on. If you leave the switch on "auto," pressing the stalk back or pulling it towards you will both just flash them, unless held.

OP
OP

batalha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Correct. If you want to turn on your high beams and leave them on, you have to turn the headlight switch from "auto" to "on" and then you can press the stalk back, away from you, and they'll stay on. If you leave the switch on "auto," pressing the stalk back or pulling it towards you will both just flash them, unless held.
Thanks for the clarification Neil.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I believe it cycles through “auto hold on” and “press & hold to light” when pressing back and letting go. Pulling towards you to flash. At least that’s how my premium works. My lights are always on Auto and when I get onto my driveway, I press the stalk back and release and the high beams stay lit. (long, dark driveway) They auto reset once I restart the car the next day, or press again and release.
Sponsored