Highest efficiency you've seen

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I'm averaging 3.9 kwh/mile since I got the vehicle (10k+ miles). Honestly not hard at all but you need to know how to drive a BEV efficiently. Use heated seats/steering wheel when alone in cold, accelerate smoothly, use 1PD and try to stop with 100% regen when you MUST stop. If you are only slowing down just coast preemptively and pick up speed as soon as you can (dont use breaks unless you need to). Keep vehicle clear of debris to optimize low drag. My driving has all been in Illinois, Michigan, and New york. I do state to state trips every 3 weeks so I see lots of highway time driving 70 mph.
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Is this the EV driving data? How did you get it to work? Mine never works.
It appears that even when it shows something, it doesn't mean it works - today I drove to a store, 6.2 miles according to google maps, and FA shows 9.8 one way, and 15.9 back, with ridiculously high efficiency. So absolutely no reason to look at it.

OP
OP

john13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Boxster S
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
I didn't realize I had this many responses! Damn, you guys are pretty good. This was on a downhill (obviously) in Palos Verdes but still kept up to ~14m/kw by the time I got home to Culver City. Up the 405 and all. Was pretty impressed.

Seems like my normal consumption on the highway is around 2.7m/kw and around town is ~4-4.5m/kw with my GT PP.

I do wish the EV bits were a little more high tech and optimized (like lucid/tesla) as this older style battery pack and motors do seem to be a let down for a brand new model. Then we could all probably get ~3.3+ highway and more than 5 secs of power.

Southern92

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3
Country flag
Avg between 3.0-3.1 for the first 700 miles (GTPE). Hoping that number goes up (if I've gotten most of the WOT moments out of my system!)
However I have noticed that in the time it would have taken to get to the speed limit in my prior cars, I'm 5-10 OVER the speed limit in this one!
It kinda begs you to go "just a little bit faster"!
I have solar so I'm not really worried about charging. . . but I've gone solar and I'm one of those "obsessed with the numbers" kinda guys, so cant help watching the numbers! lol

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
I have had 4 miles/KWH twice in town. Since I got the car in the end of last June. I have never lead footed it.
Sponsored