Highest Mileage Mach-E? Your experience?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have a little over a week to go before my 1 year anniversary and over 30k miles on the car.
So far it's been the second most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It will need another 130k miles of trouble free driving to take the top spot...

Only semi-major issue was a red "Stop Safely Now!" message that appeared right after one of the over-the air updates. I thought the car was going to need a tow because normally that particular message only appears when a catastrophic failure has been detected but it turned out that all I needed to do was park and shut down and wait about 10 minutes. I have since turned off Automatic Updates at the recommendation of my dealer service agent and all has been well since.

Overall, very happy with the car and would buy it again if given the chance.
I am disappointed by a few things but not enough to want something different. Those items are:
  1. I never received Blue Cruise as promised.
  2. I never received the extra 250 kWh of DCFC. (although I still have a balance of 105 kWh from the first 250 kWh so maybe I wouldn't use it even if they gave it to me.)
  3. PaaK is incredibly unreliable. Same as #2.....I wouldn't use it even if it worked.
  4. Car won't cool the battery when parked on plug outside the charge schedule. This is by FAR, the single most disappointing thing that I have experienced with this car so far. And if this is the worst I can expect.....then it's a pretty darn good car.
Some really cool things that I like about the car:
  1. The 360 camera view is awesome.
  2. I LOVE the "L" button. That is 100% genius. Use that very frequently and love that I can easily achieve near 1PD at the touch of a button without actually being in 1PD. Love, Love, Love that feature.
  3. The cross traffic alert is excellent. Can't do without it now.
  4. The kick to open works every time and I use it multiple times per day.
  5. The native navigation system is by far the best that I have ever used. As you can see from the photo below, I drive a lot and I use the nav often. I have tried all the other options and they are all pretty good but none come close to the native Ford nav for my needs.
    1. I like how it is smart enough to use the car pool lane even during rush hour if that is actually the quickest way.
    2. I like how it accurately predicts traffic congestion. It is uncanny how accurate it is...down to showing which side of the road the blockage is located
    3. I like the speed sensitive zoom.
    4. The voice commands work pretty good. Maybe an 80% hit rate. Pretty good compared to other navigation systems.
    5. The blue bar for next action is very helpful.
    6. Ease of use for frequently saved locations is great.
    7. Altitude reading is appreciated.
    8. Other stuff that I can't think of right now....
Ambient temp was 48F when this photo was taken....
Ford Mustang Mach-E Highest Mileage Mach-E? Your experience? 20220218_073726
Sponsored

OP
OP
iNeedANameHere

iNeedANameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD
Country flag
I have a little over a week to go before my 1 year anniversary and over 30k miles on the car.
So far it's been the second most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It will need another 130k miles of trouble free driving to take the top spot...

Only semi-major issue was a red "Stop Safely Now!" message that appeared right after one of the over-the air updates. I thought the car was going to need a tow because normally that particular message only appears when a catastrophic failure has been detected but it turned out that all I needed to do was park and shut down and wait about 10 minutes. I have since turned off Automatic Updates at the recommendation of my dealer service agent and all has been well since.

Overall, very happy with the car and would buy it again if given the chance.
I am disappointed by a few things but not enough to want something different. Those items are:
  1. I never received Blue Cruise as promised.
  2. I never received the extra 250 kWh of DCFC. (although I still have a balance of 105 kWh from the first 250 kWh so maybe I wouldn't use it even if they gave it to me.)
  3. PaaK is incredibly unreliable. Same as #2.....I wouldn't use it even if it worked.
  4. Car won't cool the battery when parked on plug outside the charge schedule. This is by FAR, the single most disappointing thing that I have experienced with this car so far. And if this is the worst I can expect.....then it's a pretty darn good car.
Some really cool things that I like about the car:
  1. The 360 camera view is awesome.
  2. I LOVE the "L" button. That is 100% genius. Use that very frequently and love that I can easily achieve near 1PD at the touch of a button without actually being in 1PD. Love, Love, Love that feature.
  3. The cross traffic alert is excellent. Can't do without it now.
  4. The kick to open works every time and I use it multiple times per day.
  5. The native navigation system is by far the best that I have ever used. As you can see from the photo below, I drive a lot and I use the nav often. I have tried all the other options and they are all pretty good but none come close to the native Ford nav for my needs.
    1. I like how it is smart enough to use the car pool lane even during rush hour if that is actually the quickest way.
    2. I like how it accurately predicts traffic congestion. It is uncanny how accurate it is...down to showing which side of the road the blockage is located
    3. I like the speed sensitive zoom.
    4. The voice commands work pretty good. Maybe an 80% hit rate. Pretty good compared to other navigation systems.
    5. The blue bar for next action is very helpful.
    6. Ease of use for frequently saved locations is great.
    7. Altitude reading is appreciated.
    8. Other stuff that I can't think of right now....
Ambient temp was 48F when this photo was taken....
Ford Mustang Mach-E Highest Mileage Mach-E? Your experience? 20220218_073726
Wow great write up thanks for the detail!

OP
OP
iNeedANameHere

iNeedANameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD
Country flag
Lots of good replies. Thanks everyone! General consensus seems to be despite the minor hiccups everyone loves their Mach-E. Iā€™m glad to hear! Especially knowing this is a lot of peopleā€˜s first Mustang. ?

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Iā€™ve put 9k miles on mine in a little under 3 months. No issues I couldnā€™t troubleshoot by myself in under 5 minutes. Best vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned for sure!

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
8mos and 19000 miles. Lots of road trips between TN and MD. No issues other than a couple of random software gremlins that self corrected. PAAK works just fine for wife and I both and also have the latest software edition.

emichnov

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
3000 miles in 5 weeks! And neither my wife nor I drive just for fun, but loving the car! It's the first car out of the garage every day. Quickly adapted to the technology - in 1pd, blue cruise whenever we can, PaaK since day one - it can be slow sometimes, but it works.

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT / Star White
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
My first MME AWD X - 20,000 miles with no issues and I drove it hard. My current MME GT suffered the HVBJB at 4600 miles and is currently at the dealership and "should" be done this week. Oddly enough, I haven't driven my MME GT hard at all, maybe 1 to 2 launches. I bought it used and only had it for 2 weeks before the HVBJB failed.
Sponsored